Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • stay at someones house free?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

had a guy who came into work and told me he was on a site that did this and it was really good?

Can’t find it?

Any ideas?

lemonysam
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

https://www.couchsurfing.org/

EDIT: Too slow. Was just waking up and getting off Jamie’s couch. Dont tell him. He’s at work.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

that’s the one, cheers 😀

rickmeister

The guy hitching, that I picked up outside Calais (not an immigrant / asylum seeker btw), and gave a lift to Edinburgh so he could get to a party in Glasgow, was on Couch Surfing and to be honest, he was a right pain.

Refused to get out of the car in Abingdon, stayed over in Edinburgh at mine then begrudged spending £2.50 on the bus to Edinburgh city centre to get across to Glasgow… .

A self centred scrounger if ever there was one. Says more about him than other Couch Surfers, but I wouldn’t be that open to another scrounging individual like him rolling around the world on a free ticket and others goodwill giving nothing in return. …

qwerty
    Free Member

Refused to get out of the car in Abingdon, stayed over in Edinburgh at mine

😯

rickmeister

Abingdon on the M74, not the one down south btw.. the one close to Glasgow…

trail_rat
    Free Member

you agreed to giving him a lift and he guilted (i presume) you into giving him a floor to kip on…..

manupacetamol required.

fwiw ive been on both ends of couchsurfing.

its ok as long as you can be social – Ive had a couple who simply want to doss and want no interaction with you – thats not what couchsurfings about imo.

portlyone

My brother used couch surfing while trekking across ‘Merica. He then asked if he could put my address down to reciprocate… er, no.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what if they steal your stash or, worse, your bikes?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘stay at someones house free?’ is closed to new replies.