Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Statutory rights question
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone know what our legal rights are if we buy something from abroad (EU country)

Are they the same if you buy from the UK.

If so is there a time limit for returning faulty goods and can anyone direct me to somewhere I can cut and paste some of the legal text for inclusion in an email.

Thanks

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone?

cynic-al
    Free Member

There’s not the same protection/rights as for a UK purchase.

Try CAB, trading standards websites.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Thanks, I would have thought that all EU countries would have similar rights.

Will look at trading standards website.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I know a man who could have helped you. Alas, he is no more….

wwaswas

Alas, he is no more….

blimey, I thought he’d just got a lifetime ban.

nickdavies
    Free Member

You have pretty good rights as an EU customer, depending on what it is your talking about – more info?

DSR applies, as do any returns policies/guarantees the company offer.

hjghg5
    Free Member

A lot of English consumer law is based on eu law and *should* have been implemented in othe countries but although it should be there, it’s dependent on how/whether the country in question has done it. But the basic thinking behind it is giving consumers the confidence to make the most of the free market by having similar protection Europe wide.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

The company have washed their hands, the product has been sent back once already. They are now saying because it’s been nearly 4 months tuff. Bear in mind it was with them for 6 weeks.

I have sent them pics and a very pleasant email regarding the situation.

They seem to be very disinterested in helping. This is a pretty big on line shop.

I don’t want to give details right now until I get it resolved.

nealglover
    Free Member

I would give citizens advice a ring, they are very good with that sort of thing.
    I have used them a couple of times for similar problems and they have pointed me in the right direction for information to get things sorted.

I know a man who could have helped you. Alas, he is no more….

If he’d stuck to being helpful, he would still be here.

Macavity
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Tell the story without names.

maccruiskeen

blimey, I thought he’d just got a lifetime ban.

Did you miss the sticky about Death Penalties for arguing (with the corpse buried upright if there are additional grammar transgressions)

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Ok al

Ther was this guy who bought something, the hing didn’t work right and it was sent back, it was fixed but the thing still does not work right it seems that it’s a comparability issue with my bike, the design of the object limits it’s use on my bike. I want to send it back but he company I bought it from said hey can do nothing and o sell it on a well know Internet auction site.

How’s that for no names. 🙂

I think I am going to have to site a letter and spell it out to them, probably will take 6 months now, all hey ad to do is take it back, it an irrelevant amp it to a company like them, much more damage from a public relations point of view.

druidh
    Free Member

Did the company in question guarantee that it would work with your bike?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Nope the bike it was going on was never mentioned. I don’t blame the company who sold them, it’s just that my sales contrac is with them so I have to deal through them. It’s really the manufacturer who should have said that it won’t work.

But the money changed hands with the yet to be named company.

Macavity
    Free Member

Sale of Goods and Associated Guarantees 99/44/EC

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Thanks, I am going to have to rite to them formally and see what reply I get.

jambalaya
    Free Member

From what you say it sounds mostly like you bought the wrong part, ie it wasn’t compatible with your bike. What do you think the company has done wrong ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Statutory rights question’ is closed to new replies.