Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Static caravan?
  • philbert31
    Free Member

Does anyone on here have or know of a static caravan me and my misses could rent for a weekend in July or September?

BrickMan

thank god!

For a moment I thought someone was about to buy one, so I rushed here to stop you from making th most expensive mistake of your life.

But short term rent, thats fine! thew!

dti

I can offer this.

proper website coming soon

http://beudybanc.weebly.com/caban-coch-rolling-cabin.html

bedmaker

For a moment I thought someone was about to buy one, so I rushed here to stop you from making th most expensive mistake of your life.

I got my hovel for £1900, lived in it for 15 months then sold it for £2000 8)

BrickMan

Your the random exception 😉

My grandparents lost around £4k a year on there’s, and I think on average they used it for maybe 5days a year. Thats one farking expensive plastic fantastic setup!

kevj
    Free Member

Brickman, mine cost me 9k for a six year old van sited 8 mile from Hamsterley. Rent is £1200 a year and the season is nine months long.
    In fact, it is the best investment I’ve made.

Wake up in the countryside every weekend, trails on my doorstep and a safe place for my kids to play.

flashes
    Free Member

We gave my Aunt’s to the owner, after she passed away, as it could have cost us £1000’s to move / sell (?) it.

rewski
    Free Member

Totally agree with kevj.

I would never look at it as a financial investment, you rent a plot and buy a home that depreciates in value faster than a car, it’s all about enjoying the time with family and friends, and as Kev says that’s 9 months of the year, we’ve got a beach, a safe environment for young kids to run around, the south downs and plenty of forest and wood trails on our doorstep, grant you that the weather’s not been the best this year though, so far…

Brickman – maybe your grandparents are the random exception?

wwaswas

How do you turn an ordinary caravan into a static caravan?

Rub it on your jumper.

igmc.

Clink

Wake up in the countryside every weekend, trails on my doorstep and a safe place for my kids to play.

Sounds fab! Where is it?

kevj
    Free Member

Clink – Member

Sounds fab! Where is it?

It’s in Upper Teesdale. I can drive to Hamsterley in ten mins, but there is miles of natural stuff in the moors and valleys around the dale.

We tend to have one ‘proper’ holiday a year, but can also spend two full weeks up there and most weekends.

One other thing, it’s cheaper to run than my house, so I actually save money when I go up there!

BrickMan

Yeah but I already live in the countryside!

wwaswas

Yeah but I already live in the countryside!

Maybe get one on a bit of urban wasteland, then?

A change is as good as a rest.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Static caravan?’ is closed to new replies.