Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Starting a Career in Market Research
  • enzee199
    Free Member

Help needed.

I’ve recently got hold of an MSc in Social Policy & Social Research – Having thought about my options I figure market research is the best direction to go in. – If I confess I can’t really see that many other options for it at the moment.

Early days, but my CV ain’t getting a lot of interest. My complication is that I’m Hampshire – and not London based – though I can commute in a decent radius.

Does anyone have any industry insights, or suggestions as to how to approach firms with a view to shadowing, mentoring and the like?

MrNutt
    Free Member

Grab a clipboard and go see what folks on the high street think?

alfabus
    Free Member

suggestions as to how to approach firms

pretty sure that you are supposed to be the expert in that 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘Got hold of’ an MSc?

Not from here by any chance? http://www.instant-degrees.net/

binners

I don’t know. Have you got a few minutes spare to answer a few questions on the subject?

You are aware that no-one has ever given an honest answer to a Market Researcher

Top tip here folks: When approached by anyone with a clipboard in the street, just tell them you work in marketing. They will recoil in horror faster than if you whipped your old chap out and started pogo-ing violently

IHN

They will recoil in horror faster than if you whipped your old chap out and started pogo-ing violently

Have you conducted a survey to substantiate your claims? 🙂

project
    Free Member

So probably for the last 3 years youve attended a uni or college, to get an msc, and now youre asking on a bike forum how to get a job, in some subject, most people on the street run away from.

I believe mcburgerking have jobs going asking peeps if they want fries with that, or superdrug asking do you want any stamps, when youve just bought some condoms.

thegreatape
    Free Member

or superdrug asking do you want any stamps, when youve just bought some condoms French letters.

So not as daft a question as you think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Starting a Career in Market Research’ is closed to new replies.