Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Starlings!!
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

well I just jumped on the bike and headed off down to Stainsberrys to pick up some dinner, forgetting of course that it had closed almost an hour earlier, locked up the bike, took the saddle & post out, took my helmet off and then heard this mass flapping/wooshing sound looked up and about a million starlings all suddenly swooped down to about 1m above my head! it was quite awe inspiring!

so much so that I really couldn’t care less that the supermarket was closed, I rode home with a big grin and a sense that I’d actually just collected something better than groceries. Needless to say the missis didn’t find my recounting of my experience quite so filling! 😆

redthunder
    Free Member

It’s really cool every time I see it as well.

I have local roost near where I live :-)..I’ll get some pix.

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

I hate to be a downer but I read once that starlings carry more different types of germs than rats :o, that said they do look amazing in huge flocks, so definately worth the risk!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

A flock of Starlings going to roost is a wonder of nature!

jimmy

thought you were going to mention Jeremy Clarkson tucking into a plate of Starlings in Vietnam (saw it last night for the 1st time). Ukh

MrNutt
    Free Member

sparrow I think you’ll find, thats why the poor little buggers are in decline!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Starlings!!’ is closed to new replies.