Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Starbucks/Amazon et al – change in shopping habits??
  • TrekEX8
    Free Member

Anyone else changed their shopping habits as a result of recent revelations regarding tax arrangements.

Maybe this is what we need to put more money back into local businesses and workers??

jota180
    Free Member

TBH – I quite like buying off Amazon, dealing with them should anything go wrong is painless IMO

jam-bo

no. starbucks coffee is shit and I never bought it in the first place.

binners

… and if that means we have to close some hospitals, then so be it….

😀

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Plan to boycott Amazon half out of annoyance at the whole tax thing and half out of interest to see if I can actually manage it.

Hadn’t planned on buying any Frappuccino’s as stocking fillers this year.

portlyone

I don’t drink coffee; I might start buying books etc from other places but I haven’t researched the tax evasion schemes the other companies use so it might be futile

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use neither of them anyway*, so no change there.

*Apart from the Starbucks opposite one of my overseas offices, as it’s the only place there to get anything that even vaguely resembles coffee.

joao3v16
    Free Member

this is what we need to put more money back into local businesses and workers??

True, but most people don’t care much about this, or can’t be bothered due to being used to the convenience.

Much like the nimbyism when Tesco proposes a new out-of-town store, but when it opens most of the outraged locals end up shopping there.

Apathy is everywhere.

VanHalen

Avoid both. Starbucks is shit anyhow and I don’t have any money to spend on amazon. If I buy music I try and get it from a local indy music shop as I feel I ought to.

binners

I’ll be boycotting amazon this year. Starbucks I’ve never used as they’ve always been dodgy. But mainly, this whole thing just makes me bloody annoyed that we have yet another government that makes a few vague noises about tax avoidance, but actually does eff all to stop it!

Tax, it would appear, really is just for little people

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I’m not sure that the government has the power to stop it – maybe its down to the consumers this time??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Starbucks/Amazon et al – change in shopping habits??’ is closed to new replies.