• This topic has 53 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Star Wars films in order of awesomeness. Controversy content. Discuss.
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Darth Maul is teh awsumz

[video]https://youtu.be/nDO2Iackdgc[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

Is no one going to vote for ‘caravan of courage’? Whilst we’re doing spin offs 😉

Cougar

But the text at the beginning (in the crawl out) said Episode 4: A New Hope didn’t it?

I’m almost certain it did. Maybe it got added in the year (or whatever it was*) between the US and UK releases? I remember seeing it at the cinema (with my gran!) and being confused that it was episode 4. I could be misremembering of course, it was quite a while ago.

* EDIT: I looked it up, Star Wars was May in the US (which we all knew) and somewhat oddly the 27th of December in the UK.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

P-Jay – Member

Is no one going to vote for ‘caravan of courage’?

Nobody ever listens to me 🙁

martinhutch

Is no one going to vote for ‘caravan of courage’? Whilst we’re doing spin offs

Only if we’re allowed the Holiday Special. 🙂

timbud
    Free Member

The new ones are good, but the StarWars story died when Disney took over… they were just too cheap to negotiate with the writers. Non Cannon my a***.
    There was some fantastic opportunities for some unbelievable stories, but instead they’re just regurgitating plot to avoid litigation.

ratherbeintobago

The new ones are good, but the StarWars story died when Disney took over… they were just too cheap to negotiate with the writers. Non Cannon my a***.

On which note, the new Thrawn book is good, and is full of references to the (now non-canon) Heir to the Empire trilogy. Bring back Mara Jade soon…

Rogue One is ace.

I rewatched the prequel trilogy recently; Ep 1 is unmitigated shite, and Hayden Christiansen can’t act. Good job JEJ is on hand to provide Vader’s voice at the end of Ep 3.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Watched Rogue 1 last night. Have to admit, really liked it.

Force Awakens – meh.

4,5 and 6 – although probably 5,4 and 6 in order – yes.

TBH though all the prequels are basically 2 halves- they all have some really good bits, dragged down by a load of total shit. So Phantom Menace gets top billing from me from those just because it has the best good bits, even though it also has the worst total shit.

This. Phantom Menace really is quite shite, but Darth Maul is probably the best Sith villain of the franchise.

ratherbeintobago

Darth Maul is probably the best Sith villain of the franchise.

After Vader, surely? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

(Christopher Lee is high quality hamming it up as Dooku, mind you)

Cougar

they were just too cheap to negotiate with the writers. Non Cannon my a***.

Dunno, it strikes me as a fairly neat way of being able to make the movies you want to make without having to worry about four decades of fanfic. See also, Star Trek’s Kelvin Universe.

lazybike
    Free Member

I finally made it to the end of Rogue One (third attempt). It was ok.

deadkenny
    Free Member

johndoh – Member 
    But the text at the beginning (in the crawl out) said Episode 4: A New Hope didn’t it?

Not originally.

From http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Opening_crawl
    When originally released in 1977, the first film was simply titled Star Wars, as Lucas was not certain if he would follow the film with a sequel (and 20th Century Fox felt that alluding to a non-existent ‘previous episode’ would be too confusing). Following The Empire Strikes Back, the film was re-released in 1981 with the subtitle Episode IV A New Hope. The original version, without the subtitle, was not released on home video until the 2006 limited-edition DVDs.

[video]https://youtu.be/UKRIUiyF0N4[/video]

Cougar – Moderator 
    Maybe it got added in the year (or whatever it was*) between the US and UK releases? I remember seeing it at the cinema (with my gran!) and being confused that it was episode 4. I could be misremembering of course, it was quite a while ago.

It’s possible, though I see mixed comments from some who say they remember it without and some with, but don’t know where they live. Not seen anything official saying UK got Episode IV originally though.

I can’t say I remember. I was four at the time and all I remember is white corridors, storm troopers and shooting.

Edit: Wikipedia says:

“Accounts differ as to when this designation was first added; some date the change at the theatrical re-release of April 10, 1981,[91] while others place it much earlier at the re-release in July 1978.[92] “

Cougar

Every day’s a school day. So, what, Empire debuted with “Episode V” on the opening crawl, then IV was added to ANH after Empire was released?

I can’t say I remember. I was four at the time

I’d have been about to turn 6, so yeah, I don’t think I can trust my memory now either.

Klunk
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Star Wars films in order of awesomeness. Controversy content. Discuss.’ is closed to new replies.