Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 281 total)
  • Star: Trek: Discovery
  • dazh

Hasn’t been explained yet. With all the twists and turns this series is taking I wouldn’t be surprised if he reappears. It would certainly be a bold move to kill off the captain midway through a series, and especially one as good as Lorca. If only they’d done that on TNG 🙂

YoKaiser
    Free Member

They killed the captain in the first episode! Agree that the pace I these last two has been frantic, I’m hoping it’s not the end of the mirror storyline. It’d have been a great way for some character development fighting the empire.

dazh

Good point! But to be pedantic that wasn’t the Discovery captain. I’m not sure I want him to come back as if he does it’ll be the rod-up-the-backside federation zombie version of him.

I doubt it’ll be the end of the mirror universe thread. I wonder if evil-Georgiou might take over the discovery to fight the klingons?

vintagewino
    Free Member

The obvious thing about this half of the series is the relative lack of rubber klingons has improved things immeasurably.

dazh

I think the klingon count might be about to increase exponentially. Wonder if they’ll return to earth after it’s been enslaved by the Klingons?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d actually forgot they came back to a Klingon victory! Might turn out more BSG than expected. Georgiou stepping in a making the crew take a more brutal stance to fight the Klingons would be a great move.I reckon Lorca is trapped in the mycelium network somewhere, Stamets might find himself with a roommate.

vondally
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>Georgiou stepping in a making the crew take a more brutal stance to fight the Klingons would be a great move.I </span>

This totally, then creating a moral tension plus Vorn /Ash going to challenge the Klingon high command after seeing the parallel universe and then restoration of a ‘ tension’ leading us to the original series time line.

Or they are in another multi verse….

Really really like the series but a little rushed at times and not fully sure how it sits in the timeline but really do not care, DSN personal favourite and this has so many of the best elements.

Lorca I am sure will return.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Really really like the series but a little rushed at times and not fully sure how it sits in the timeline but really do not care, DSN personal favourite and this has so many of the best elements.”</span>

With them taking themselves out of the original timeline and reentering 9 months later they’ve placed themselves in an alternative timeline, conveniently sidestepping any issues about whether or not it’s canon.

It’s a smart move on the writers part and allows them to go off in any direction they want without upsetting the nerds.

So glad I came back to this after the mid season break, I had pretty much lost confidence in the series at that point and was only tempted back after reading how much people were enjoying it on this thread.

scotroutes

Or they are in another multi verse….

I thought they’d confirmed on return that it was definitely the “prime” universe? I’ll need to watch that bit again.

Cougar

Is there canon in ST for a multiverse as opposed to just Prime and Mirror?  (Outside of the films’ Kelvin universe, I suppose.)

Cougar

Oh, and,

I could’ve sworn they said something like “we’re in the right place but the wrong time” when they landed?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>“</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>I could’ve sworn they said something like </span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>we’re in the right place but the wrong time”</span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”> </span><span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>when they landed?</span>

They did confirm they were in the prime universe but 9 months ahead of the point that they were last there.

Cougar

Cool.  That’s what I thought, ta.

wordnumb
    Free Member

It’s all gone a bit Rick & Morty.

dazh

I wonder if evil-Georgiou might take over the discovery to fight the klingons?

I’m not usually this astute at reading plot lines but WTF?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m not usually this astute at reading plot lines but WTF?

Clears the decks for a second Michael Burnham mutiny dilemma?

vondally
    Free Member

I suspect a release of a biological genetic weapon that will affect the DNA of the Klingons, maybe  making them less Klingon more human looking?

hols2
    Free Member

Probably a hybrid baby from a bit of sweet-love-down-by-the-fire between a human and a human looking Cylon. Both sides will want possession of that baby who has otherworldly powers and can resolve the riddle of what Bob Dylan songs mean.

hols2
    Free Member

Sorry, Klingon, not Cylon, obviously.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Tonights episode pretty good. Cant wait for season 2

fossy

Not bad but they really didn’t do much CGI with those Klingon ships. Looked like someone moving a transparancy film, especially after much better CGI in other episodes.

fossy

Certainly the best Star Trek in a long time.

vondally
    Free Member

Well that was all a bit rushed, and unsatisfactory end too that season.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Deffo felt a little rushed in the end but enjoyed it all the same.

So, Lorca actually dead?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Really enjoying the series so far!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Mixed feelings about the series as a whole, got potential to develop in further seasons. decent enough, ending a bit soft mind you, should have blew it up!

back2basics
    Free Member

still poor “i’m doing this for no reason, oh no wait 5 mins later there is a reason” type scripting….

defo rushed – the bomb is something that might link into Star Trek movie “The undiscovered country”

Emperor was well under used , and in the end pointless – would have preferred that Admiral woman to have taken over for a single Episode and attempt to do the dirty then had the direct face to face “speech”…

…and the final quip at the end about “no more jump drive”, seemed very contrived – considering they spent all that time perfecting it , building a ship for it, and have a viable way of using it now!….but hey it fitted in with the script that needed it for what happened all of 1 min later……..sigh….

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>…and i just knew they could not leave “that” ship out of the cliffhanger……oh dear.</span>

one thing is for sure – they are going to have to hit a massive reset button to keep it all in line

oh and…..so they are still 6 months in the future then? no Time Police? like in other series / episodes? everyones ok with being 6 months later i guess….no resolution on what the Mirror evil-Discovery did while there either?

hols2
    Free Member

That finale was boring.

dazh

After the crazy build up of the previous 4 episodes, that was extremely dissappointing. Reminded me of the final episode of Enterprise, which just fizzled out. Or maybe I just didn’t like it cos it went back to all that starfleet moralising?

And humans on Qo’noS?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

“no resolution on what the Mirror evil-Discovery did while there either?”

It was blown to smithereens during the transfer from the alternate universe. This was confirmed when the federation group beamed onto the bridge.

I did write a lot more then I realised it gave an awful lot away so are we doing spoilers now or is that still a no no for this thread?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Bump, anyone watching season 2?

martinhutch

Great, isn’t it?

tinribz
    Free Member

No and no.

martinhutch

So, you’re not watching it, and you don’t like what you haven’t seen?

cookeaa

Finished it ages ago… It was alright, but felt like they’ve been trolled by all the Lore obsessives into squaring away some of the inconsistencies with “Canon”… Don’t reckon they’ll get a third season.

Excited for the Picard series though, and apparently it’s going to be on prime…

Cougar

Don’t reckon they’ll get a third season.

Then you’d be incorrect because they already have. Set in the Burnhamverse last I heard.

martinhutch

Set in the Burnhamverse last I heard.

Greater Manchester?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Season 2 wasn’t as good as 1.  I liked Captain Pike, especially the episode where he sees his future……..

According to Wiki there will be a season 3.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Thought I’d better finish it before I opened this thread again. Overall enjoyed it,some of the tech and science was convenient mind you but the story wasn’t wholly reliant on it. Characters are shaping up to be good too. Roll on third season 👍

deadkenny
    Free Member

Excited for the Picard series though, and apparently it’s going to be on prime…

Good thing for me as I have Prime but I don’t do Netflix.

I’m wary that it’s coming from the same people though and whether it’ll be JJ-verse, all lens flares and all action with no plot or Trek values. I believe it does have links to JJ’s Trek in that the events of the 2009 film influence the story. Still though, it’s finally something set in the future of Trek timelines, moving things forward, not stuck in the endless prequel and reboot mire of Hollywood.

Though far more important questions are about the vineyard apparently (if you follow this twitter thread).

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 281 total)

The topic ‘Star: Trek: Discovery’ is closed to new replies.