Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 281 total)
  • Star: Trek: Discovery
  • T1000
    Free Member

I thought the Klingons are better a than the previous iterations which looked like they had a Cornish Pasty stuck to their foreheads.

shermer75
    Free Member

I thought the Klingons are better a than the previous iterations which looked like they had a Cornish Pasty stuck to their foreheads.

Agreed, they looked actually a bit menacing instead of biker-leather camp

greentricky
    Free Member

Enjoyed it but not keen on the new Klingon look, every one knows this is what a Klingon should look like

BobaFatt
    Free Member

While the Klingons are a new take on it, the chat was a bit grating. I found when they were talking it just seemed to drag (not complaining about the subs, it just seemed they were constantly trying to make up words that sounded a bit klingony.

The Klingon ships weren’t much to look at either, not like the iconic ships of old, whereas the federation ships were very similar to what we normally see – but I’ll give it a chance, the good far outweighed the bad and hopefully it’ll be a nice modern, grittier Star Trek

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye the Klingon dialogue bits were just dull, know what you mean I watch subtitles all the time, they just over did it.. Their look was good I think and generally I thought it was a decent enough start to the new series. It’s just getting going though so we’ll see where we get to after half a dozen EPs and it settles in. Good enough but hopefully will get better.

That next gen trailer thing on the previous page is awesome! 😆

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Brakes: you nailed it. I felt more for the poor outcast Klingons than the moronic star trek crew. just terrible management decisions all the way through. I would be a better star fleet captain and I’m lower IT management.

seosamh77
    Free Member

just watched the first ep of the orville, by god that was shite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

swedishmatt – Member
    Brakes: you nailed it. I felt more for the poor outcast Klingons than the moronic star trek crew. just terrible management decisions all the way through. I would be a better star fleet captain and I’m lower IT management.

Isn’t that the point of the set up? Star Fllet at this point have become explorers and settlers, no Klingons in living memory, afriad to kick off trouble and used to dealing with people throwing spears etc.

seosamh77
    Free Member

So just watched the 3rd Episode there. Conclusion, it’s gonny be class! 🙂

I think it’s fairly obvious the klingon war won’t last forever and they’ll join starfleet to fight a common cause and it’ll develop beyond that.. I mean the ship is called discovery for a reason, and the show’s not called star trek:klingon war.

They’ve got me i think! 😆 Then again I do love all things star trek!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nah I think the war is going to carry on there, Capt Malfoy is going to make things interesting

seosamh77
    Free Member

Would be surprised if it lasts much beyond this series. But aye it’ll be a big fixture in this one. Agree the new captain seems like he’ll be good!

just checked 15 episodes by the looks of it! 🙂

Drac

Cheers for the reminder now sign up to Netflix again ready for Stranger Things 2.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Cheers for the reminder now sign up to Netflix again ready for Stranger Things 2.

re-watched the first again the other week, really looking forward to that too.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Was glad I watched episode 3, despite 1 and 2 being a bit mleh. Its getting good. Dark as well. Alienesque…..

swedishmatt
    Free Member

EPISODE 3 AMAZEBALLS

jonnyboi

EP3 was a big improvement

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Just watched episode 3. Reminded me so much of aliens in places. Thumbs up!

Drac

Watched 1 last night a bit all over the place while they introduce everyone.

scotroutes

Jason Isaacs rather stole the show.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Trek, like pretty much everything else is improved considerably when Damon Lindelof is kept away from the script.

Drac

Well all caught up now it’s starting to show potential.

Drac

Big cheesefest this week. 🙁

trailwagger
    Free Member

Big cheesefest this week.

Also didn’t enjoy this week. Didn’t think it was particularly cheesy, just not very engaging or entertaining.

I’m also getting annoyed by the Klingon language.

Drac

Not even when they tell you what the Ripper is or what they do with it?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Minor spoiler alert.

I quite liked this week’s EP, it’s turning out quite well. There’s definitely a lot of BSG influence there, if I have to criticise on anything it’s the clunkiness of the Klingon dialogue and that they’re paper-thin baddies plot-wise (it’s revealed what happened to Capt Georgiou). Of course, being Trek, a specific problem is solved with understanding and empathy which makes a welcome change from the usual tiresome gung-ho sci-fi antics.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Scientists and explores need to become fighters

Cliche
    Scary creature is actually nice so feed it then abuse it

Dislikes
    Pace was wrong

seosamh77
    Free Member

was alright, I’m no convinced with the klingons dialogue though, it makes you switch off, hope to god they invent universal translators soon! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh yeah Klingones talking, I was trying to eat

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh yeah Klingones talking, I was trying to eat

Gagh?

vintagewino
    Free Member

where are they going with the fungal drive thing? How will they join up the inevitable disaster with the fact that nobody in star trek ‘after’ this ever mentioned the technology.

I like it overall but I can’t stand the Klingons.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

How will they join up the inevitable disaster with the fact that nobody in star trek ‘after’ this ever mentioned the technology.

or in later series shuttlecraft don’t have warp drives but do in this “earlier” series.
    Consistency was never Star Trek’s strongest point (other than, until she died, you knew Majel barrett was going to turn up)

shermer75
    Free Member

I like the way that the Klingons speak in Klingon, it shows an impressive level of commitment and a willingness to take risks from the producers if the show. It also helps to flatter their acting ability! 🙂

dazh

Consistency was never Star Trek’s strongest point

It’s science fiction, not an attempt to create a completely consistent alternative future universe. I for one am glad they’re correcting some of the silly stuff that in previous series was missing only because they didn’t have the effects budget.

Not sure about this quantum fungus travel, feels a bit like the midiclorians in Star Wars. Also somewhat disappointed that they couldn’t be arsed to create a new baddie (like they did with the Borg) and are regurgitating the Klingon war again.

On the plus side they’re sticking with the policy of killing off security officers so at least they’re respecting some traditions.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve liked it so far.
    Not quite sure about the super-sentient shroom eating dust mite – still not sure where it came from, but it does remind me of something in the original Star Trek series.
    They should still try and weaponize it’s claws though – hope they don’t forget that bit.
    It will be interesting to see what the anaemic Klingon does now he’s stranded on the dead ship.

deadkenny
    Free Member

vintagewino – Member 
    where are they going with the fungal drive thing? How will they join up the inevitable disaster with the fact that nobody in star trek ‘after’ this ever mentioned the technology.

Because despite being set vaguely in the original time line, it’s for all intents and purposes a reboot and they can do what they like now and what happens after is unwritten.

Fair enough for them. I just wish they’d come up with something new instead of reboots. If it’s Trek, set it way in the future, or not do it from the Federation point of view, do a series based on some other aliens instead of humans. Or just do a totally new sci-fi and forget the name.

Drac

Well it’s just getting worse I reckon I’m done with it. Annoying characters and comedy warp driving water bears.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the water bear is gone, the engineer is going to get going and something is happening, I’ll give it the season

scotroutes

I thought last nights episode was the best of the series. It wasnt all about Michael, we got a “character” from canon, more of Isaacs and the mirror incident starts us down the path of why they’re not using the spore drive in TOS.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m still in the alright camp. Not mind blowing anyhow, the Klingons are crap.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 281 total)

The topic ‘Star: Trek: Discovery’ is closed to new replies.