Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Star Trek
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I used to watch the Next Generation while growing up but never really a fan as such,
    Now I’ve just started watching Enterprise, really enjoying it and have the urge to go back and watch all Star Treks,

What’s wrong with me?

project
    Free Member

trekkie, ive got a 12 inch model of Captain kirk on the bookcase.

footflaps

You need to watch the 2009 Star Trek film – raises the bar to a new level….

bearnecessities

12 inch model of Captain kirk

Nah, too obvious.

tacopowell
    Free Member

trekkie, ive got a 12 inch model of Captain kirk on the bookcase.

OK…. 🙄

Yep, watched it a year or so ago, really enjoyed it, new one looks pretty good! But there’s something about the naffness the series offer, aliens with blue skin, blonde hair and funny tentacle ears!

hels
    Free Member

Star Trek Voyager was my favorite.

It’s all good tho.

footflaps

Star Trek Voyager was my favorite.

Same here, best of all modern series.

tacopowell
    Free Member
    footflaps

This reminds me, I’ve only seen something like 5 of the Voyager series, need to get round to watching the whole lot at some point…

hels
    Free Member

Wow – 705 Star Trek episodes and films, watchable in real-time order.

Make it so…

Better cancel those job interviews next week !

Cougar

What’s wrong with you is you’re watching Enterprise instead of DS9. The first two seasons were bilge (not unlike TNG), but once it finds its feet it’s easily the best of the Franchise.

Though Firefly and Farscape were both better.

footflaps

I never got DS9, it just didn’t work for me at all esp that stupid wrinkled forehead thing saying ‘profit’ all the time – utter tosh…

tacopowell
    Free Member

What I struggle with is the inability for technology to update,
    ie. episode in enterprise has a visitor from 900years in the future with a 3D ‘Avatar’ style display (technology not all that far away today) and Captian Archer is in awe!

Maybe a tad petty as you’ll always have inaccuracies.

project
    Free Member

The first star trek was the best, Captain Kirk the first inter racial kiss with Ohura, Mr spock the freindly alien, all the aliens otherwise out to kill people, and they all looked surprising human shaped,turbo lifts able to go sideways,the predeseor of a kindle/tablet for gathering information and small black tablets for using in a computer, like a large sd card.

Wonky sets, polystyrene rocks, lots of sandy sets,etc etc.

kimbers

that chronological list is fracking brilliant, but it doesnt include the animated series!
    sadly im unemployed but i still dont have the time to watch them all

little known fact but Deep Space Nine is one of the greatest TV series ever made

although TNG probably has the best scene ever to grace a viewscreen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBoMvY0U10[/video]

kimbers

footflaps – Member

erm no,it turns it into just another disposable holywood action flick

kimbers

project – Member
    all the aliens otherwise out to kill people, and they all looked surprising human shaped

that was addressed in both TOS and TNG

hels
    Free Member

Kimbers, sorry but you are mistaken. Battlestar Galactica is the best TV series ever.

kimbers

BSG is up there in my top 5… they are both the creation of Ronald D Moore though

Drac

all the aliens otherwise out to kill people, and they all looked surprising human shaped

CheesybeanZ

After 45 years of being a trekkie Enterprise is my favourite Star Trek type series . 45 years 😯

honeybadgerx

Was always more of a Babylon 5 person myself. The way they had stuff in the first season or two that didn’t play out until a few seasons later is something rare on modern telly.

yetidave
    Free Member

7 of 9

Lt Yar

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’ve recently re-watched all of Deep Space 9, much to Mr Toast’s anguish. He would occasionally pipe up, “Oh, it’s the Muppets” (normally when the Ferengi were on screen) or just simply say, “I HATE THIS”.

He also kept calling Garak ‘Derek’…

Kryton57

footflaps – Member
    You need to watch the 2009 Star Trek film – Lt uhura raised my bar to a new level….

Ftfy.

sbob
    Free Member

I was educating the missus the other day (she is foreign) by way of watching Labyrinth and was surprised to find out that (Cheryl) Gates McFadden, AKA Dr. Beverly Crusher was the choreographer for the film.

Well I thought it was interesting… 😳

colournoise

I’m with the badger. Babylon 5 was way better written than any of the Star Treks. Shame they ran out of money to complete the story arcs properly.

camo16
    Free Member

“Battlestar Galactica is the best TV series ever.”

Original or remake, with less Dirk Benedict and Lorne Greene?

I have amazing memories of the first series. The Cylons, or so I believed then, out cooled Stormtroopers and the stories were über exciting…

…except, I’ve just watched the first couple of episodes with my son and it’s a huge disappointment. Slow. Talky. Hardly and Cylons. 🙁 Now my son’s asking me what all the fuss was about and I don’t know what to say.

I’m with Cougar on DS9 – not nearly as pants as it first appeared. Next Generation, on the other hand, never fails to annoy the hell out of me – especially when beard boy Ryker gets the con.

footflaps

Ryker took smugness to a whole new level. Plus he had his head on wonky.

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, and it got even worse when smug wonky head Ryker went after that Troy spiritualist woman – spaceship-crash sci-fi telly.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Star Trek TOS > Star Trek TNG

but

Picard > Kirk

and

Ryker < pretty much any character you care to name.

grum
    Free Member

TNG and Enterprise are the best ones IMO. DS9 is bobbins.

BSG is much better than all of them (apart from the rubbish ending).

maccruiskeen

raises the bar to a new level….

is that not a trip hazard? 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

Picard > Kirk

and

Ryker < pretty much any character you care to name.

I’ll raise you: Data <<< Spock

Same ‘let’s play with the idea of new emotions’ story lines, but with Spock it kind of worked.

And don’t even get me started on the lad Crusher and the guy with the hairclasp for digital eyes.

TOS cast were basically cool, and that even applies to Walter Koenig. TNG only worked as well as it did because of Picard, who was like Gareth Bale playing for Wales.

footflaps

WTF was Diana Troy even doing on the bridge.

Picard: they’re firing missiles at us
    Diana: I sense anger

No shit sherlock….

camo16
    Free Member

Totally – she was a mind reader, right? And yet she always looked surprised. Something doesn’t add up.

If it was my bridge, Troy and Ryker would be told to **** off someplace I’d be better off facing the Klingons single-handedly.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ryker < Crusher

or

Crusher < Ryker

I cant decide.

footflaps

Crusher should have been gang raped by Klingons and his lifeless body evacuated into space. Would have set the scene for some nice inter-racial tension on the bridge.

camo16
    Free Member

footflaps, it’s at times like this that I wish you’d had executive control over the storyboards!

Your TNG is tragic, deep, emotional and ultimately rewarding on many levels. 😉

pingu66
    Free Member

New Star Trek Into Darkness released soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Star Trek’ is closed to new replies.