Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Star spot: Johnny Marr in Hale – out running
  • brooess
    Free Member

Or at least I think it was, looked like him.
    Which now means I can call ‘house’ on The Smiths bingo!
    Morrissey at Albert Hall and Birmingham MEN
    Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce in the back room of The Windmill in Brixton 5 years ago supporting some odd singer from Manchester
    And now Johnny Marr…

Made my evening anyway 🙂

montylikesbeer

In the top three pluckers of all time in my view. Hale an old stomping ground as used to go to BTH school only a hop away.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Hale is grade A1 celeb spotting territory. In the space of 15 mins I saw Kevin Keegan, Benni McCarthy (footballer) and Lip from Shameless. Kevin Webster from Corrie is too easy to spot as is Jenny Powell.

Wilmslow comes a close second in the Cheshire C-list celeb spotting league.

Bunnyhop

I made Johnny Marr’s curtains for their London Pad. They were living in Dunham Massey at the time.

Just visit Handforth Dean/John Lewis Cheadle Royal late at night, all the selbs are out shopping.

Rickos
    Free Member

Bloke I know once saw Kate Humble in Waitrose.

Pook

I saw Phil Oakey in Sainsbury’s the other day. He was buying some crisps.

maccruiskeen

I saw Keith Emerson in a lake in Palma.

nbt

I saw someone important yesterday. It’s a bloke you’ve nevr heard of who actually raises money for charities so they can help people, rather than a “sleb”

sorry, dunno what came over me there

Bregante

Surely Morrissey doesn’t count at the NEC and Albert Hall, unless he wasn’t on stage of course.

Harry_the_Spider

[edited to avoid a banning]

The man in action.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13709060

Harry_the_Spider

Saw Caroline Quentin on Deansgate in Manchester.

Livin’ the dream.

donsimon
    Free Member

I saw Ryan Giggs at Old Trafford once, funnily enough he was with a few other celebrity mates too…
    Haven’t seen Morrissey a couple of time though as the twunt cancelled late. 👿

ononeorange

I am in awe at Bunnyhop’s (above) curtain-making for Johnny Marr. Can’t top that!

I rode past Kate Humble on a canal near Brecon last year. She did say hello.

And I think I saw Saddam Hussein at a bus stop a couple of months ago, but I could have been mistaken. He did have a moustache.

richwales

Saw Norman Wisdom shopping in M&S. Followed him on CCTV for over an hour waiting for a comedy “Mr Grimsdale” moment that didnt happen.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I had to google the name Johnny Marr to find out who you are talking about?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I nearly ran over Mark Bosnich on my bike once. The bike was a 97 GT Timberline with yellow Indy SLs that had 73mm of (at the time) lovely elastomer travel. I do miss that bike.

ridingscared
    Free Member

Norman Wisdom shopping in M&S. Followed him on CCTV for over an hour waiting for a comedy “Mr Grimsdale” moment that didnt happen

my old man used to work in M&S and NW used to shop regular and often did the Mr.Grimsdale moment for the till girls!

richwales

my old man used to work in M&S and NW used to shop regular and often did the Mr.Grimsdale moment for the till girls!

Was it in Cardiff? He had a thing for fish fingers.

ridingscared
    Free Member

no mate, it was Cwmbran when he lived in Abergavenny.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Surbiton station, Tuesday evening…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I saw Johnny Marr just off Oldham Street in the town centre, he was with a bloke who looked just like him, but fatter. maybe his cousin or brother or something.

He was dead small.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Star spot: Johnny Marr in Hale – out running’ is closed to new replies.