Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stanton worth it?
  • jonundercover
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking to get a trail hardtail. I’m considering Ragley, Bird, and Stanton.

I really like the look of the steel Stantons but they’re really pricey. Are they worth the extra cost?

cheers

NormalMan

Don’t forget to look at Cotic too.

squealer
    Free Member

I had a steel switchback which was fantastic but needs to be ridden fast, that’s when it came alive.

It was so good I’ve upgraded to the ti model which is even better.

lucorave
    Free Member

I have a Switchback MK1 and it is an amazing bike, I would definitely recommend.

mattbee

Absolutely love my Switchback. Got it to replace a full sus bike & don’t regret it at all. So much fun to ride.

dumbbot
    Free Member

They are lovely bikes, although i’ve not exactly ridden many other steel bikes to get a comparison…i’m pretty sure not all steel frames are as good as the Stantons are. I was amazed at how light my Slackline is and how much buzz the springy steel takes out the ride, probably not the longest or the slackest, but feels just right for me.

If you have the budget, and the sizing suits…I think they are great bikes.

transporter13
    Free Member

Do a bit of research… Have a look at what each tube is actually made of on either of those bikes.. Thats where you’ll determine whether the extra is worth it or not.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Cant compare it to the other choices you have but I have a mk1 switchback and I love it, would highly recommend it and a few times I’ve considered getting the Ti version just because I like it so much but its supposed to be my budget bike so I always resist.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve had two Sherpas they were worth every penny!!
    Really regret selling the second one, definitely plan to get another one. But for the time being I’ve loving my lefty Habit. 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Too spendy for me, but they look lovely.

Scamper
    Free Member

I was concerned my new Switchback would be as unforgiving in certain circumstances as the previous generation Slackline,both having 631 tubing. It’s however lovely. The 853 Slackline must be butterly smooth therefore.

devash
    Free Member

Was looking at a Sherpa for my next bike but the extra £100 that they’ve put on recently has made me look more closely at other manufacturers incl. Cotic.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stanton worth it?’ is closed to new replies.