Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stanton Switchbacks. Let's see them.
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Ordered and awaiting delivery of my next gen Switchback frame in long 18″ shadow grey flavour. Getting excited now so let’s see some pics if you have one.
    Got a 140mm RS Yari, and a pair of American Classic wide lightning wheels itching to be fitted. Everything else is come from my Solaris I’ve just sold.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Here’s my Mk I steel jobbie. Loved this bike…

Which was sold along with my Banshee to become a Mk I Ti…

That as stolen, so I replaced it with a Ti Mk II…

The Mk II is a very different beast to the original one. The extra 15mm of reach names it ride very differently; it climbs better is more stable at speed but is less poppy. The old one felt like it encouraged you to find little things to jump off or manual over. I also think that it had nicer cable routing (the entry points for the internal routing around the head tube is a mess).

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Very nice Mindmap3. If I didn’t have a nice FS and had to go to one bike, the Ti would be up there.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Cheers dude. Ti does feel lovely to ride.

I ended up barely touching the Banshee once I had the Switchback, so I went two bikes into one and glad I did. However, it’s hard to justify the Ti in the land of reality. It’s lovely but is it three times as good as the steel one? Hmmmm, not sure. The steel ones ride really nicely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Switchbacks. Let's see them.’ is closed to new replies.