Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • stanton switchback Vs. slackline
  • andymb
    Free Member

I’m planning a do it all steel hardtail build and quite fancy a slackline….BUT…

the slackline doesn’t have I.S.C.G mounts whereas the switchback does, the switchback is only 150g heavier.
    Will the geometry of the slacken make it a complete pig to ride uphill?

I’m hoping to be able to chuck the bike at anything my 26″ orange 5 would cope with, but I dont do any huge jumps/drops etc – mostly trail centre, peak district type terrain

Thanks in advance for opinions….

richardkennerley

I had a slackline 631, pretty sure it had iscg

WildHunter2009

The new 650b Slacklines are a bit of a different beast to the old ones. I think the switchback is supposed to be pretty much an ‘enduro’ hoon down off and around stuff kinda bike and the slackline much more of an all rounder but they dont seem all that different. The switchbacks have some interesting sizing options though with the long and regular length options so might be easier to make it fit?
    With narrow wide rings and clutch mechs are iscg mounts and chain guides as necessary unless your doing proper hard stuff?

On a totally different not its a bit sad that gorgeous blue the original slacklines came in has gone!

spawnofyorkshire

message them on facebook. They’re really good at getting back with answers

richardkennerley

I had the old slackline so not sure how the new one compares. I had a 130/160 xfusion fork and it was more than capable for me. Plenty of trail centre riding, lots of days out in the lakes and a trip to antur stiniog all no problem.

20% off Stanton remaining stock at the moment, now they’ve brought out the ‘next gen’ models

andymb
    Free Member

Thanks fellas….
    I quite liked the idea of iscg just in case I ever run a double up front, the weight penalty of the switchback doesn’t seem that great over the slackline – has anyone ridden both?
    Also be curious to know how they compare to the bfe/soul if anyone has had any experience of them all?

Thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘stanton switchback Vs. slackline’ is closed to new replies.