Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stanton Switchback Ti or Steel?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So I’ve decided to pick up a steel or ti stanton switchback and build it up for winter and my local loop-straight from the house riding. Can anyone tell me why i should get the Ti over the steel or vice versa? Cheers

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ti simply because you can adore your riding prowess by gazing at your reflection on the tubes. 😛

stewartc
    Free Member

Gone steel, mainly as I wanted a cheap HT run about, not ridden one in a while but getting to like it.
    Couldn’t justify the Ti cost, don’t think I am missing anything…other than my reflection.

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ve ridden the steel Switchback and it’s a very nice ride. However from my past experience with a titanium Merlin Oreas I owned, the softer feel at the back would be a bonus to take a bit of sting out the back I imagine. The Merlin was a softer ride then any steel frames I’ve owned and felt sublime over the rough stuff. So if you can afford it I’d go for the titanium one any day.

bikerboy2008tc
    Free Member

Hi, had both… sold the steel one 🙂

kamikaze1988
    Free Member

I sell the stanton frames in my shop. Personally i have a switchback ti and love it i use it for everything i raced dh on it at the recent bird hardtail super series i ride it at bow chicksands you name it wherever i go the switchabck ti is my first choice every time! i’ve owned every stanton dan has ever made pretty much and i’d never ride anything else in hard tail terms i found my steel one great fun but since getting the ti version its a completely different beast if you can afford it the ti one would be to one! If your wanna have a more in depth chat about it feel free to give me a ring at the shop happy to help you can find my shop Facebook page here
    pedal addiction shop number is 01603 449330

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Switchback Ti or Steel?’ is closed to new replies.