Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stanton Switchback – January sale?
  • guandax
    Free Member

Does the Switchback ever get discounted in the Jan sales or am I waiting to be disappointed?

Alan

Scamper
    Free Member

I’d be very surprised. It recently went up £100 in price.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I bought a discounted Stanton once but it had a few dents. The shop was selling them cheaply because of this (at least that is what I suspect after being told a replacement would have the same issues) but neglected to mention on their website.

So I’d be wary even if you do see some ‘bargains’.

ade9933
    Free Member

they did a black friday thing once upon a time… i think.

dumbbot
    Free Member
    guandax
    Free Member

Thanks all. Dumbbot, I’ve speed that one. But it’s fair way to Coventry esp for £525. Are Stanton’s warranties transferable?

woodster

How many people are still buying Stantons at £700? When a BFe is £450 it seems pretty mad.

mindmap3
    Free Member

How many people are still buying Stantons at £700? When a BFe is £450 it seems pretty mad.

Lots.

The Switchback has a full Reynolds tubeset, not just a single tube plus the yoke adds cash as does the internal routing. Having has a BFe, I wouldn’t have another one (too stiff, harsh, dead feeling).

As for sales, don’t usually do sales unfortunately. There are the odd offer but they tend to be few and fair between.

Stevet1
    Free Member

How many people are still buying Stantons at £700?

Same price as a Production privee, I know I’d rather have the Stanton.

coomber
    Free Member

£700 just seems mental to me. I think i’d rather save another XX number of years/months and but a BTR for £1000

mindmap3
    Free Member

£700 just seems mental to me. I think i’d rather save another XX number of years/months and but a BTR for £1000

It’s all relative though isn’t it? Plenty of people see the value in them so buy them. I like them and like the little details. The welding is super neat and I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve had.

philxx1975
    Free Member

For a 300 dollar landed whichever way you look at it frame who cares if it has a full Reynolds blah blah blah tubeset , some clever marketing says Reynolds = cool kids club.

It is going to get to a point where they push prices so high On One become de riguer again or we can charge xxx more because we make it in the UK.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

As far as I can tell they have got their pricing right. The company is doing well, they only have to discount discontinued frames which doesn’t seem often as they don’t follow an annual cycle. So while the OP may not feel that the price in right many customers clearly do.

I also think the premise of this thread, shows how poor marketing and salesmanship can lead to negative customer behaviour. Because the OP is so used to getting deals in January sale from retailers he is now holding off from buying the product he wants (low consumer confidence), based on speculation that the price of goods will soon fall.

I think retailers in general should focus on rewarding loyal or early customers. For example loyalty discounts, multi buy discounts or early bird purchasing.

guandax
    Free Member

I tent to agree with fr0sty125. Been burnt many times finding stuff gets in a sale moments after buying. Never buy from some retailers unless they have a sale on (Gap for example).

In this instance, I’m also using the wait to January as a cooling off period. How much do I really want a new frame? Do I need two hardtails? Will I regret not having a full suss (I never ride it)? Will Switchback really be better than the Mmmbop I love? How much will my Spectral frameset get second hand?

The lower the price, the less relevant these questions become – if I get it wrong I lose less $$$

And, I’ll need a new dropper for Switchback so that’s another $150

Hmmm, having written that down, Switchback feels less of a good idea!

kayla1
    Free Member

I was considering a new Slackline to replace my BFe when it was nicked, because I couldn’t get an old shape BFe any more (they’d already moved on to the new shape one), but the price put me off. The used 26″ one I ended up with for a bit was lovely though, the welding was smashing and the little details are lovely, and the seat stay/seat tube/top tube junction on Stantons look loads neater than the wishbone on Cotics, but I just couldn’t see past the price of a new frame 😕 I got a very good used old shape BFe 275 frame for £250 instead.

edit- this was to replace a stolen frame, not just a new frame cos I fancied one, so I was willing to splash a bit of cash on the right frame.

coomber
    Free Member

mindmap3 – Member
    It’s all relative though isn’t it? Plenty of people see the value in them so buy them. I like them and like the little details. The welding is super neat and I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve had.

Yeah, people can buy as they please no issue with that. Think that they are lovely looking bikes too. My point was however nice etc. there are plenty of them and similar from other brands and so for a relatively small amount more you could go bespoke for a bike for life one off.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Switchback – January sale?’ is closed to new replies.