Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Stanton Slackline vid
  • StuE
    Free Member
    woody2000

I’m sure that’s a great vid, but the ads killed it for me. Didn’t watch beyond 30 seconds or so. 🙁

GW
    Free Member

ha ha… he rode from his garage to his car in 5:10s then changed to clipless 661s to ride chicksands, what a pro!! 😆 wonder what footwear he drove there in 8)

perfect example of a decent rider on a LT hardtail NEVER compressing the forks past 95mm!

Cheers!!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

perfect example of a decent rider on a LT hardtail NEVER compressing the forks past 95mm!

Which is exactly why the O-ring is at about 10-20mm shy of full travel, obviously 🙄

GW
    Free Member

not saying he’s never had close to full travel but watch the vid!
    if you can capture a frame 20mm off full travel post up the pic!

trickydisco
    Free Member

and your point is?

Who cares? Bike felt incredible when i rode it. Didn’t take a tape measure out with me to see if i used the full travel. 🙄

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m not sad enough to waste time doing that to ‘beat’ somebody on an internet forum and anyway, most of the time the camera is too far away to be able to see how much travel the rider is using.

GW
    Free Member

Gotta to admit, this Stanton guy has got his marketing strategy spot on!

**** building an actual 4X frame no-one will buy when you can just build heavy gate like XC frames out of nice steel and just get a 4X rider to ride it better than any potential LT fork owning middle aged buyer who can afford to buy every “latest mincetail” ever will. 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😆

Andyhilton
    Free Member

You have issues GW.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Ace video. It’s cool to see someone ragging a ht around some woods.

Superficial
    Free Member

Has a point though. I’m sure it’s nice but long travel hardtails aren’t a revelation. However good it is, I’m not sure the Stanton deserves the buzz it’s been getting recently.

lovetoride
    Free Member

I enjoyed the vid and couldn’t give a monkeys about the amount of travel used. I do however think its another bike that is getting a lot of attention however rides similar to all other lt hardtails.

alpin
    Free Member

what’s the song? anyone know?

solamanda
    Free Member

GW – Why does not using full travel on the fork make someone a better rider?

StuE
    Free Member

Just thought it was a nice video of someone riding a bike on a nice spring day

GW
    Free Member

solamanda – Member
    GW – Why does not using full travel on the fork make someone a better rider?

Eh? Who said that? ^^

😕

messiah
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, looking forward to dry springs trails already.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

If I got a LT hardtail it would probably be a Slackline. It just seems like the sort of bike that would suit me; nice to manual because of the short chainstays, happy jumping and generally a fun bike. I’ve never ridden one but I want to

metalheart
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, looking forward to dry springs trails already.

Ha, funnily enough thats what I was thinking when I watched it…

alpin, I thought it said it was Next Girl by The Black Keys

Kit
    Free Member

It tells you in the credits.

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds like The Black Keys.

I liked the vid, good riding. The Slackline seems nice but not sure if I’d pay that much for one when you can get a BFe for £300 or a Surge for £250.

alpin
    Free Member

cheers guys…. i didn’t watch it till the end. i was getting all upset that the guy wasn’t compressing his forks to the max…. 😉

bastid Sony…… never lets me watch any music vids on youtube here in Germany….

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

That’s a lovely wee film 😎

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Slackline vid’ is closed to new replies.