Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stanton Slackline owners.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Tempted to get a 631 flavour Slackline. Would like to hear peoples thoughts on them, particularly with regards to sizing, will a 16.5″ be a good fit for my 5’10” frame? Also, what are they like as an all day mile muncher? I don’t get the chance to do them much but long technical rides in proper hilly country are the ones I enjoy the most and I’ve enjoyed those on my 18″ steel 456 for the last few years but I fancy a change and one alternative would be a new ti 456. Ooh decisions, decisions.

timmys

Love mine but can’t help with sizing, I’m 6’2″ on an 18″

Got an email from them today saying there’s an offer on black 16.5″ Slacklines (thought you want to be buying the blue to be honest); http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=02352523b0cdc44151419ec84&id=2dec951249

matther01
    Free Member

I went from a medium soul to a 16.5 ti slackline and the fit is much better but I’m 5’7″. I’m running 50mm stem and 740mm bars…but could probably even go a shorter stem tbh. All day wise, mine is perfect and done the dyfi enduro so far and will be doing the CYB enduro next month on it. Currently run dual 160/130 pikes. Geo is sorted with decent slack HA and pretty short stays making it proper poppy. Only downside to the 631 is weight compared to mine or the ti456.

alcolepone
    Free Member

I went from a ti456 20inch to a 18inch slackline and love it. Everything from the 456 went onto the slackline, so same length stem and bars. Weight isnt a huge difference and dont notice on the trail. Haven’t done a all day ride with it so cant answer if its good for that. But its a lot more versatile, from DH tracks at the local DIY downhill track to pumptrack sessions, and everything inbetween.

Stevet1
    Free Member

At 5’10 I think the 16.5″ may be too small tbh. I’m 5’11 and the 18″ is perfect with a 50mm stem. If you got the 16.5 then you’d probably end up running quite a long stem on it, whereas you could run a 40mm on the 18″ and it would be fine. I’m sure Dan will be happy to advise further.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Dan has said the 16.5 will be perfect. Having slept on it I’m now wondering if I should wait a bit and see what’s happening with 650b as whatever I get will be my main bike for a few years and I’m a bit concerned 26″ components, forks and wheels mainly may become scarce if the other two sizes become more widely adopted in the next couple of years.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Love mine – prefer it to the BFe that it replaced.It just feels more lively and nimble.

Mine is fundamentally too small (just under 6 foot and it’s a 16.5inch frmae) but iy’s OK on shorter rides and mucking about. Running it with 150mm Z1’s on the fromt – felt better than shorter forks to me.

I don’t think there is much waiting to do re 650b. It’s here to stay and is pretty much the defacto choice now for most bikes. if you are swapping bits over from an exisitng bike, I’d bite the bullet and get one. Forks, tyres and rims will be around for a while yet.

stevede
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and comfortably on a 16.5 slackline albeit the ti version. Really capable and versatile frames, mine does everything from local singletrack to racing dh without a problem, great geometry, even managed to climb well with my 160mm devilles up front. I’d only worry about the 650b thing if you have plans to sell it on again, it’s still remains a decent bike with those old fashioned 26″ wheels!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Slackline owners.’ is closed to new replies.