• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sv.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stanton Slackline – Optimum Fork Length
  • andykirk
    Free Member

…building, or trying to build one of these up at the moment.

Fork choice is a bit limited as it is an original 853 version with 1-1/8th steerer.

I like the idea of fork travel adjust, however I know I will probably never bother with it once the novelty wears off so I am now thinking more along the lines of a fixed fork for all round use. Are there any owners here who can offer any advice on optimum fork length? I’m 6ft 2… no idea if this makes a difference.

Stanton advise a Fox 32 Talas 150-120…. I see these take quite a bashing on the forums, and they are hellishly expensive. Fixed travel however would mean Revelations are also an option. I can’t find travel adjust Revelations with 1 1/8th steerer anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

sv

Think there are dual position Revs available, I have fixed solo air 150mm Revs on my Slackline.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I used to have a Revelation (426, I think) with a U-Turn damper, that was 110-140mm adjustable with a 1 1/8th steerer, so they do exist. I got mine second hand though, and sold it to a mate a couple of years back.

andykirk
    Free Member

SV – how did the 150s handle? Climbing any issue?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m running 150mm Z1 Anniversary forks on mine.

It feels better with them on it than I did with the 130mm Z1’s tget replaced. It’s not the best at climbing though but I don’t know how much if that is down to it being a tad small. Bloody good fun though.

I dont like the Talas forks myself as I find them sticky. I do like fox coil forks. According to the doom mongers there should be loads of 1 1/8th forks for 26 inch wheels kicking about.

tomglass20
    Free Member

Just to throw some doubt in the mix I’m running mine with 160mm pikes, I’m 6ft 4 and ………. I love it !!!!
    Jumping, singletrack, downhill it’s great so much fun. As for uphill it’s no rocket sledge but as long as you have a nice grinding gear it will get up.

image by tomglass20, on Flickr

timmys

I’m persevering with TALAS forks (which actually seem fine to me) as my set of 36’s give me 160-130-100 which covers all bases. It’s in 130 the most but is a hoot at 160 too. I even put it down to 100 for the local BMX track.

Del
    stevede
    Free Member

Ti slackline owner here, for the best part of a year I’ve had my 36 floats spaced down to 140mm, last week I decided to try them at 160mm, to my surprise I really really like it, slacker, more stable, still masses of fun and to my surprise was perfectly fine climbing too.

andykirk
    Free Member

Thanks for the input everybody.

I have found a set of fixed 150mm Revelations at JEJames with 1/8th steerer – these are looking tempting. Is it correct that Revelations can be spaced down internally if it turns out I am not getting on with 150mm travel for uphills?

andykirk
    Free Member

…and one more query, is a 60mm stem too long for such a machine?

Can’t wait till Thomson bring out the 27.2 dropper post….. expected May I believe.

WildHunter2009

What size frame are you guys around / over 6ft using? I’m tempted by one of these but not sure if at 5,11 im annoyingly between sizes.

matther01
    Free Member

Anyone run theirs with a 120mm most of the time?

sv

Revs 2013 (and newer) need more than spacers IIRC.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Slackline – Optimum Fork Length’ is closed to new replies.