Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stanton Slackline???
  • ads678

So, I saw saw a picture of a Stanton Slackline on the ‘post your bike’ thread and i’m in love! Christ that’s a good looking bike. I’m now thinking of selling my Five and Inbred 29er and buying a slackline and a road bike and maybe later a DH ‘type’ bike.

What I really want to know is, is there any other ‘hardcore’ hardtails I should be looking at first?

Apologies for rambling, I have been drinking 😀

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

The normal candidates are…
    Bfe
    Transam
    Privee stan
    Kingdom Brigante is well worth a look!
    Pipedream (of some description)
    Chromag samurai (i think)

However top of my list is the stanton- just plain awesome! & it comes cheaprr with dropper hole etc or Ti (which is where my heart lies)

matther01
    Free Member

Must admit i would love a ti slackline too

sv

I have a Slackline and the other frames like it are (IMO):

Privee – slacker I think
    Evil Soverign
    Dialled Alpine
    NS Surge – if it fits you and you can find one.

All can run 150/160mm forks.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I thimk the Slackline can run 120-160mm.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I think to answer your question the answer is probably no..

BUY IT. 😀

tymbian
    Free Member

I’m loving the ride of my Bfe. Lovely ‘ Hardcore ” Trail frame that will take a beating. I recently rode ‘ Surface to Air ‘ at Aston hill. ( I weigh 95 – 100kgs ) and it took the dropsin it’s stride….but the roots on the xc loop at Aston are a killer and shake you to bits. I love the look of the Shan and if I had the money would of had one. As you are selling items to fund your build i would go for the Shan with BOS forks but I couldn’t tell you if there is an advantage or better ride compared to any other frames mentioned above.

The Titanium 456 is to be had for not much more then the steel Shan although I think the 456 is a bit Marmitey….

Fireeye Bikes Hottail similar to the Surge..

_tom_
    Free Member

The NS Surge is great. I’d like one but already got myself a Blender sorted now. Speaking of which, the Blender is probably the most fun bike I’ve ridden – I’m on my second as I regretted selling the first one! Only problem being that you need to be fairly short to get away with it for pedalling around on due to being 16″ only and with a short top tube.

I had a BFe and sold it after a couple of months. Nice enough just wasn’t a very fun or inspiring ride. The Blender is way more playful to ride, end up pumping/jumping/manualing way more stuff and to me thats most of the fun of riding rather than just ploughing through stuff which the BFe is good for. Saying that the cotic is good value if buying new.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

If anyone wants a surge frame i’ve got one you can have for £40 collected from manc 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Ti slackline owner here and loving it. Great angles, there’s simply nothing I’d change. I’ve had mine about 6months now, I’ve raced dh and gravity enduros on it, spent most of the summer riding dh and our local jumpy stuff on it and ride xc most days as I commute off road. It’s ace for everything. The harder you push it on dh stuff the better it gets. Run mine as it should be, 1×10, wide bars, short stem and a stiff fork (36’s lowered to 140mm).

ads678

Not sure I can stretch to the Ti version but the grey 853 one looks sweet.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

631 is dropper ready.

timmys

Grey? nah!

winch
    Free Member

Dialled make the Alpine, which as the name suggests really comes into it’s own when it gets steep and rough. It’s my only mountain bike, I use it for everything and it takes it all in it’s stride.

longmover
    Free Member

I have just built up a Blue Pig, not sure how it rides yet as I have a buggered shoulder

jambon
    Free Member

Ugly as sin, but a love my c456 with Wotans on it (120-160mm). Frame is 1.5kg, £300 and dropper compatible seat tube. My only MTB.

winch
    Free Member

jambon, does a 1.5kg frame and a 2.6kg fork not make for a front heavy feeling bike?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Slackline???’ is closed to new replies.