Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stanton Sherpa ti,anyone pre-ordered?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Have we done this yet?
    Looks like just what I am looking for.
    1650 though! Oufffff!
    Also accommodates 27.5+.
    For big boys as well with a 21!
    Would be replacing a fs and a hardtail so dunno yet!
    Mite need to test ride a standard Sherpa to get the jist!
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

No one?

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Got a steel Sherpa which I’m in the process of converting to 27.5+, brilliant 29er… Won’t be ordering a Ti but if money was no object… It looks stunning. Lot of hocus though!

fbk
    Free Member

Another steel Sherpa owner here and, if money wasn’t an object, I’d order one tomorrow. Love mine and they’ve sorted the 2 bugs I’ve got with it – corrosion and less than ideal rear tyre clearance

mboy
    Free Member

The GF has a steel one and loves it. She keeps hinting about the Ti version, but she can hint all she wants… Lovely as it will be, it’s a whole load of money and the steel version is so good already…

Love mine and they’ve sorted the 2 bugs I’ve got with it – corrosion and less than ideal rear tyre clearance

What size rear tyre are you trying to run? Of all the 29er HT’s I’ve ridden (a lot of them), the Sherpa has the most clearance. My GF’s has a 2.25″ in the back with loads of room. I test fitted a 2.8″ 650b+ Trailblazer on a Scraper rim, and there was clearance. Not loads, but unlike most 29er HT’s it went in.

Oh and Waxoyl fixes the other problem…

teadrinker
    Free Member

If I had the money I would but happy to stick with the steel version for now, cracking bike.

EDIT: Not literally obviously, just a great bike.

Cowman

Where have other people had corrosion as an issue? I’ve had mine 9 months now and havn’t seen any corrosion. Now I may be lucky, or it may be shares I have in WD40, however where should I be looking?

Thanks

sprocker
    Free Member

Not quite the same but I had a ti switchback having tested the steel one. I actually preferred the feel of the steel one and wish I had gone for that. The corrision thing was on the older finishes.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Wasn’t it marketed as an interesting feature 🙂

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve had the steel one and loved it, sold it for a full suss but hankered for another so building up another, same here couldn’t justify the ti one when the steel one is so good. Re rear tyre clearance I’ve put a Minion 2.3 in the rear with lots of clearance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Sherpa ti,anyone pre-ordered?’ is closed to new replies.