• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bubs.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stanton Sherpa sizing?
  • devash
    Free Member

I know there’s a few Sherpa owners on here and I’m eyeing one up for the next build, but how do they size up?

I’m bang on 6ft (183cm) with long legs so was thinking the 19″ would be ok? I’m currently riding a 19″ Specialized 26er with a similar ETT to the Sherpa (24.6 inch vs 24.8 inch). I’ll probably run a 50-60mm stem and 120mm forks.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 33″ inside leg and I had a 19″ was perfect for me I have long arms though.

devash
    Free Member

Nice bike fudge. What forks are you running on it? I can’t decide whether to go with a set of Pikes reduced to 120mm or a Rev RCT3.

nickwatson
    Free Member

I’d agree large would be best for you. I’m 5’9 and riding the 17″ version. Gratuitous picture:

Nick

survivor

I’m 6’2 with 33″ inside leg(I think.) I went for XL. Perfect fit when riding (40mm stem)but very close stand over clearance. I’ve also had to use a lay back dropper post which was slightly annoying as I was hoping going XL would let me run a newer inline post. My shifters and brakes also hit the top tube but Google says this is a common 29’er problem so I run then slightly loose so they’ll move incase of a crash.

Love it though. You won’t be disappointed.

survivor

Also I went for pikes reduced to 120 as I find 32mm legs a bit flexy for my size.

bubs

I am 6ft 1-2ish and sent a question off to Stanton yesterday. The response is below:

We’d suggest a 19″ frame with a 780mm wide bar and a 60mm stem

I did say that I like my bikes to be chuckable though and that I currently have a 19″ Soul.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Sherpa sizing?’ is closed to new replies.