Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stanton Sherpa (29er) Owners … step this way …
  • letmetalktomark

Out of interest what rear tyre are you running?

On the off chance does anyone run a Schwalbe Rock Razor 2.35” on a Flow rim?

I run a 2.2 Conti something or another but would like to pair up a Rock Razor with the HD on the front.

Looks like there should be room ….

nickwatson
    Free Member

Racing Ralph 2.25, plenty of space for 2.35. Dan has posted 650b+ on Facebook, running 2.8 on Hope Enduro wheels.

letmetalktomark

Nick, thank you, I’ve actually got a 650b+ experiment in the wings.

There looks to be more room further back in the dropouts than whee the wheel currently sits 😐

What are you running your RR on?

nickwatson
    Free Member

Arch EX, would love to see how it rides with 650b+

mboy
    Free Member

GF’s currently has a 2.25″ Geax Goma on a Stans Crest in. There’s loads of tyre clearance, and the Goma is a decent size 2.25″ too.

letmetalktomark

Hmm.

Hearing good things 🙂

Cowman

I can’t get a 2.35 Hans damf to fit the rear of mine.

Would love to see some pics of the 650 + bikes on here. Don’t have face book.

thepodge
    Free Member

You dont need facebook

letmetalktomark

Cowman – Member

I can’t get a 2.35 Hans damf to fit the rear of mine.

I have to say I didn’t think one would fit but the tread pattern looks less severe on the Rock Razor.

Cowman

Yeah, sorry I forgot to say its on a flow rim.

Thanks for the pics. Is that yours? How does it ride?

thepodge
    Free Member

Its not mine the pics are from facebook.

Always surprises me that people think you have to have facebook and twitter to look at facebook & twitter.

survivor

I’m running a 2.1 specialized ground control and have got my fingers crossed a 2.3 purgatory I’ve just bought will fit.

Love the bike but surprised at the lack of clearance. Strangely the tyre sits in front of the recesses w which I’m sure your all aware. Why did they do this? ?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Sold mine two weeks ago. But ran a hutchinson toro 2.35 front and rear with lots of space left.
    Great frames sadly not for my back!

Cowman

Yeah, I do always thinkbits weird that the tires sit in front of the depressions in the chain stays, that’s what made me think about 650 +

sandal100

I run a rock razor on mine, it’s pretty tight and does occasionally touch the frame when peddling hard but it’s not bad. I definitely wouldn’t go any wider and might look at the wtb trail boss next, or a dhr 2 as it’s coming up to winter. I have the hope tech enduro rims.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Sherpa (29er) Owners … step this way …’ is closed to new replies.