Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Stanton Bikes – experiences ?
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Hi all – have been emailing Stanton bikes with some questions and a view to ordering a Switchback but after a week I’m not getting a reply ?

How have other people found their communication over enquiries and the ordering process ?

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Generally very good. Again it was about purchasing a bike and questions were answered within a day.

steel4real
    Free Member

By email or using their contact page ?

matther01
    Free Member

Kind of depends what Dan is up to. Sometimes replies are really quick, but if he’s abroad it could be a while.

timmys

Always had things answered within a day.

handyandy
    Free Member

I love my 4x frame, and my friend loves his Switchback. I emailed with a query months ago and it never got a reply, so perhaps they are better at building frames then email? 😉

sv

Never got a reply from them, tried FB and emailing direct.

steel4real
    Free Member

sv – same here (although haven’t tried the facebook) 🙁

steel4real
    Free Member

handyandy – thing is you have to email them to place an order so it isn’t so encouraging if an enquiry isn’t responded to cos it looks like the same thing will happen with an attempt to place an order.

deluded
    Free Member

No problems ordering my frame – Dan responded to various Emails. He took a little while to respond on one occasion but he’s very busy developing what seems to be a very exciting brand.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Emailed them twice first time was that evening, second time was later that month so as has been mentioned, them being a small setup I’d imagine emails aren’t top of their priority list.

sv

I imagine if there is potential for a sale then the email will be answered…

walla24
    Free Member

try facebook 😀
    nothing but praise for Dan and his products

wrecker
    Free Member

them being a small setup I’d imagine emails aren’t top of their priority list.

Not a great sign for if you have a problem though is it?

daftvader
    Free Member

Also have nothing bad to say about them, Dan answered all my emails within a couple of days…. seem to remember a whike ago someone saying that they had been having issues with their email.

stantonbikes
    Free Member

Hi Guys, my mate in a bike shop just gave me a heads-up on this thread.

I do try and get every email replied to as quick as i can but as you can imagine theres 1001 things to sort and due to the volume of emails the odd one (not very often) gets missed. we also had a server change as the mail hosting company decided to stop trading, this threw us into a complete mail meltdown as they announced it with a week before shutdown. I’ve now got Josh working with me full time to help deal with the ever growing brand, so we should be able to keep up to date with mails and be more consistent and swift with emailing. I’ve just finished the emails so if you’ve not had a reply its simply because we’ve not received your mail, whats your name Steel4real?
    Thanks

Dan

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s more like it.
    Despite initially being wary of Stanton, I really like their stuff and I’m VERY close to buying a switchback, I’m just concerned about the size. Are there any demos in the Bristol area?

stantonbikes
    Free Member

Wrecker, I’m pretty sure these guys http://www.gravitybikes.co.uk Have a demo bike and one of the shop workers at http://www.psyclewerx.co.uk has an 18″ switchback. Hope that helps

Dan

alcolepone
    Free Member

if it helps i have a 18inch slackline, i’m 6,3 and find riding it Ace 😀

icarus
    Free Member

My experience with them was faultless,i tried a demo Sherpa at Cannock chase,ordered the frame and collected it direct from them(they are a few miles from me),all within 3 days and i’m very pleased with it,a great bike.

steel4real
    Free Member

It looks like I was a tad anxious as all positive feedback here in this thread and Dan has now been in touch with me & answered both my emails of questions clearly & thoroughly.

I appreciated that, what he offered to do for me and along with the positive experiences of people here and looking at photos of the switchback frame in that lovely red I have now gone an ordered one 🙂

And I was wrong about the ordering system, it’s not email, it’s an easy to use ‘normal’ system.

Thank you for all your input it’s resulted in another sale for Stanton Bikes !

– Marcus

Gordymac
    Free Member

Make sure you post up pictures once you have it built up 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Thank you for all your input it’s resulted in another sale for Stanton Bikes !

Maybe two!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Bikes – experiences ?’ is closed to new replies.