Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans ZTR Olympic, Crest, Alpine… Which to choose?
  • vrapan
    Free Member

The title explains it all. Any recommendations why I should choose one over the other. The weight difference is minimal to say the least – 352gr or less for Olympic, 340 for Crest and 330 for Alpine.

I think the Crest looks wider than the Olympic and thus a tiny bit more trail worthy?

Keep in mind at 8 stones and a bit I am light enough to not need a bullet proof rim 🙂

Daffy

I'm 11.5st and have been using Olymics on 2 bikes for over a year. NO bother at all even on the Mojo.

They're wide enough at 19mm to run 2.3s without fuss, especially with the low rim height.

vrapan
    Free Member

That's great Daffy, I guess my question is then why choose the Olympic over the Crest or Alpine as they are lighter and look tougher? Or have I got it all wrong?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dougal
    Free Member

Alpine is the Olympic replacement IIRC.

Had Olympics on one wheelset, they only one ding I've had with them was straightened with a screwdriver and hasn't leaked air since.

nonk
    Free Member

i have been running tne non7000 race rims on my bike all the time and so far so good.bit bendy when you giving it loads though.
    i am around 10 stone.

vrapan
    Free Member

If Alpine is the Olympic replacement then I guess I'd be fine getting them for the build and save an extra 40gr 🙂 No?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans ZTR Olympic, Crest, Alpine… Which to choose?’ is closed to new replies.