Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Stans ZTR Arch Ex or Flow EX
  • ddmonkey

I have a set of both Flow and Arch EX, both running Maxxis Ardent 2.4 tyres – ride both fairly hard and I have had no problems with either so far, I am sure that Arch EX are fine for all-around use.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Nuke, you and others have hit the nail on the head..Arch EX it is..thanks for the help guys.. 🙂

Is there a reason why the hope pro 2 evo SP only come in black? Black isn’t bling 🙁

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

flow ex are overkill on a anthem, if you have an anthem with flow ex’s on you have the wrong bike!

at a push arch ex, but if you relatively light weight and the bikes being used for what its designed for, then crests all the way

Northwind

Goldigger – Member

The reason why I don’t think crests are the answer is I’m 95kg naked and not the smoothest graceful rider.
    Some of the hits I’ve encountered on my anthem I don’t know how the 719’s haven’t buckled..

But, they haven’t, which is the important thing. Most folks underestimate the strength of wheels, or think that because they dinged them on a rock the whole wheel’s likely to fail. The crest isn’t the strongest rim in the world but it’s no shrinking violet either.

Bikes are just the sum of their parts, Anthems are brilliant but your choice of tyres says as much too, if you fit really burly wheels you’ll just be making something else a weaker link.

IMO of course 😉

Oh, 821 weights- we need to see what they actually weigh as Mavic claimed weights can’t be trusted, the published weights don’t include the ferrule things required to build the wheel. But if they don’t weigh more than the 819 I’ll be amazed.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Can I get a muddy Mary 2.3 on arch EX? Or is it a bit to large in profile to avoid burping running tubeless?
    Secondly is a 2.3 to large to run on my anthem? Nobby nic 2.25 fit, but some tyres come up smaller/larger than others..

http://r2-bike.com/schwalbe-muddy-mary-26-x-235-fr-2a

davetrave
    Free Member

Riding a Yeti ASR5C around the Highlands largely, odd trip to visit the parents in the Lakes, 2 sets of wheels. 1 built a bit lighter with Crests & lighter tyres (Nobby Nic front, Ralph on the back) with less substance in the sidewalls (i.e. not UST) for XC biased riding – did TransWales ’11 on them fine. 1 built a bit more robustly for trail riding, Arch EX with Maxxis UST tyres front and rear to give some more protection to the rim wall.

I’ve destroyed a Crest on the back by smashing it in to a slate water bar and a Crest on the front by landing a BMX table top jump purely on the front wheel from about 6 feet up (that also smashed me up…). These are the ones that are now rebuilt on Arch EX – same as Rickon, bit of a knee jerk reaction probably.

I’m c80kg fully loaded but as others have said it’s about the tyre and pressure choice as much as, if not more than, anything. If you’re a bit heavier and don’t ride so light you might still get away with Crests but choose your tyres carefully.

nuke

Can I get a muddy Mary 2.3 on arch EX? Or is it a bit to large in profile to avoid burping running tubeless?

Currently have a Minion 2.5 29er on my Crest rim which is the same internal width as the Arch EX. Thats a big friggin tyre so I’m sure a 2.3 Muddy Mary would be ok. I normally run 2.25 Smorgasbord on my Crests and they work very well.

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member

Oh, 821 weights- we need to see what they actually weigh as Mavic claimed weights can’t be trusted, the published weights don’t include the ferrule things required to build the wheel. But if they don’t weigh more than the 819 I’ll be amazed.

Claimed weight of 450g – 511 with the inserts. So probably an extra 60g. Ouch.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Got my hope hoops Monday..Haven’t put them on my Anthem yet as I’m waiting for some new tyres to run tubeless on them (conti MK2 Protection Black Chilli)

I’ve put the stans yellow tape on the rim’s, had to have a play. So I mounted an unused Racing Ralph Evo Double Defence TL ready, that I meant to use during the summer.
    Got it to go up no problem, didn’t use sealant as I wont be keeping them on. 🙂
    Also put new RT86 rotors and an XT cassette on.

twohats
    Free Member

You just need to remove the god awful stickers off the rims and you’re on!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Yeah I think your right..

And swap them for these blue one’s so they match my bike 😀

http://cdn.supadupa.me/shop/1606/images/794834/ZTR_ARCHEX_new_first_massive.jpg?1361399029%5B/img%5D

This is an old pic..it now has SID RCT3 dual air, XT M785 brakes, RT86 Rotors and Time Atac XS Carbon pedals

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Stans ZTR Arch Ex or Flow EX’ is closed to new replies.