Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stans Valor wheelset
  • gavdog
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy a really good & light set of XC race wheels, found some deals on 2015 Stans Valors which have the 3.30Ti hubs on them.

Anyone had any experience of these hubs – good or bad? Stans themselves say the replacement Neo hubs are a lot better – or is there a fair bit of marketing hype on that statement?

Also if anyones had any experience of the valors I’d bee keen to hear. Expensive bits of kit and can’t find much in the way of long term reviews on them. The new kit reviews all seem to sing their praises but have seem some comments on issues with spokes breaking and bearings going quickly.

Many thanks

adsh
    Free Member

I have those hubs on a set of Stans factory built Crests. Not done many miles on them but they are light and seem to work fine.
    One thing to note – replacement freehubs to change to XD etc are very expensive compared to DT/AC etc
    I’ve seen a couple of people race on the Valors at the Gorricks.
    You could probably build a nicer wheelset with DT240/AC hubs, LB rims and DT revs for less?

gavdog
    Free Member

Thanks, think they come with the XD hubs but will check that out.

I did look into building a LB set but they are a little heavier than the valor rims which seem to be some of the lightest I can find, the LBs are not that far off what I currently have (XR1501) and am looking to drop weight from the rim plus get a couple of mm extra width.

I would prefer DT hubs if I could find a suitable 300g rim (27.5) to go with them.

Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stans Valor wheelset’ is closed to new replies.