Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stans tubeless
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Stw collective, thinking of going tubeless as have all the components apart from the kit.

But a question or two.

I have a set of hopes on ztr’s whihc has the green tape in, so do I need to change the rim tape to the yellow?

Also how does going tubeless reduce rolling resistance?

nuke

Depends what the green tape is: is it stuck down, is it cloth-like tape, is it just a continuous loop of plastic? If it is the same as yellow tape but just green then it could work fine…just get valve stems and some tubeless gunk.

honourablegeorge

Green tape is just standard rim tape, you need the Stan’s yellow which gives an airtight seal. You might get away with using electrical tape, some folks have.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shortcut

You need standard tyres, Stans jizz, Stans yellow tape (electrical several layers will work but is only good for one go) and Stans valves.

A CO2 cannister will help get it inflated. You will also be wanting to remove the valve core with a valve core remover and could do with something to inject said jizz through the valve hole. Stans will sell you something for this too.

There are other ways to do this but this all works.

MrGreedy

I asked exactly the same question a while back and for once STW gave an unequivocal opinion – take the green tape off and put some yellow tape on!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stans tubeless’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts