Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • stans tape or any tape?
  • woodsie
    Free Member

does it matter what rim tape is on a stans rim when going tubeless?

bigdean

I’ve had success with 25mm duck tape. £3 for a roll, done three wheels (1 x 26″ and 2 x 29″) so far.

timidwheeler

I used superstar tape and valves with Specialized tyres on Stans rims with Stan’s fluid. Tyres need a little top up every month or so. Nine months now, have never had a puncture or any other problem.

Northwind

I’ve used decent quality electric tape- needs a couple of wraps but works fine after that. Only downside is it’s easier to damage when changing tyres.

woodsie
    Free Member

thanks all for the heads up 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

+1 for insulation tape here 1 year so far with no problems on Flow rims – 3 or 4 times round the rim with standard good quality insulation tape. De-grease first.

danielgroves
    Free Member

+1 for insulation tape

Have three layers thick on both of my Flow EX rims and have never had an issues.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I used some good quality gaffer tape the first time. There were no problems noticed but about 10 months later i changed the tyres and the sealant seemed to have effected the glue on the tape and it had gone all mushy. Replaced with stans tape. Top tip watch the installation video on their site i wouldnt have pulled the tape as tight as they recommend without watching.

http://www.notubes.com/Movies_yellow_tape_install.aspx

grum
    Free Member

Electrical tape +1

tmb467
    Free Member

Gorilla Tape

cloudnine
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘stans tape or any tape?’ is closed to new replies.