Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans sealant in innertubes?
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Done a search and cant find owt.

I’m not going to go tubeless until I’ve done a few rides on the existing tyres and I’m happy with them. In the mean time, can you put Stans sealant into innertubes? Anyone done it?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Some roadies put it in their latex tubes to help seal small punctures. I wouldn’t see why not.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Been doing this on my fat bike. Appears to work well.

muddyground
    Free Member

Why bother with the faffage? If you want filled inner tubes just buy some slime ones from Halfords or Wilco. Can’t see the point of putting £15 worth of Stan’s fluid [oh dear, the images!] into a tube. Just a waste.

As for the tyres, they’ll feel different with Stan’s in so why not just go for it from the start? If you decide to swop them out, Stan’s is one of the fluids that can be poured out and used again.

Having said this, the tyres work so well with Stan’s in that I never bother to change them, and the stuff can last for years.

br
    Free Member

I’m not going to go tubeless until I’ve done a few rides on the existing tyres and I’m happy with them

Eh, what will you gain by this?

Just tubeless them, and if you are not happy take them off and re-use the Stans in the next tyre.

monogramman
    Free Member

Yes you can put stans in to innertubes. Get two of the small shot bottles @ about £3 each and put it in each tube, simple. There are directions on stans website.

I have used the slime stuff before and found it really heavy, it made my bike horrible to ride

Your probability just better going fully tubless tho.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans sealant in innertubes?’ is closed to new replies.