Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans Race Sealant, much better than original!
  • surfingobo
    Free Member

Don’t know if this has been done yet but I bought a bottle of race sealant as I couldn’t get my Conti Race King Race Sport tyres to seal at all, you could actually hear the tyre walls hissing even after a week of ‘stans shake’.

50ml of Stans race in each (on top of whatever was left of the original) and it sealed with a track pump. Didn’t even go down the first night!!

So for anyone wondering if it’s worth the extra cash I would say that I won’t be buying the original stuff again!

TheGingerOne

I thought it was not supposed to last as long as the original Stan’s sealant while costing more?

surfingobo
    Free Member

No idea, but if it actually seals the tyre vs not sealing the tyre then longevity is definitely second on the list.

enfht
    Free Member

From the description, you needed more rim tape.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I thought it was not supposed to last as long as the original Stan’s sealant while costing more?

Lasts longer, doesn’t turn into a big ball either, and most importantly, seals holes better.

surfingobo
    Free Member

Definitely not a case of more rim tape, this was the whole of the sidewall leaking not the bead. Also it was ghetto with a split inner tube.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans Race Sealant, much better than original!’ is closed to new replies.