Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • STANS NO TUBE
  • claira
    Free Member

i just ordered some stans no tube sealant for my tyres and also the injector. first time ive done this so advice please. can i put sealent in without taking my wheels off, also is it a matter of just letting tyres down, putting sealent in valve and then reinflate tyre, and give the wheel a spin to move the sealant around the tyre, cheers.

gee
    Free Member

Yes.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Haven’t you got to put a rim strip in?

nicholas_yiu

Don’t forget to take the valve core out before you put the sealant in with the injector, you will end up with a blocked valve otherwise.

I just use the yellow tape, worked on non-tubeless rims and much cheaper. I used the kit CRC sells for Hope Hoops and they worked perfectly on my Mavic crossride.

shortcut

Do you have inner tubes in your tyres? The general idea is you don’t use inner tubes, put in some tape and a valve to seal up the holes in the rim, inflate the tyre without a tube, put sealant in through the valve havi g removed the core, re inflate, shake it about a bit then go riding!

It is easier to take the wheel out unless you are topping up an already tubeless wheel!

claira
    Free Member

i have crossmax xl wheels and panaracer tyres.

gee
    Free Member

Are the tyres normal ones or UST tubeless?

GB

claira
    Free Member

there are ust wheels and tyres, i saw a couple of videos on youtube where people put sealent in pumped tyres up and they exploded. wheels are on my bike and inflated just need step by step how to put the sealent in with the notubes injector correctly.

spooky_b329

I wouldn’t bother using the injector. Just shake the bottle really well, leave it upside down for a few minutes then shake again. Then unpop the tyre beads, pour in the sealant and then re-inflate.

Its only worth sticking it in through the valve if you are not confident about removing the tyres.

shortcut

So you need to remove the valve core so it looks like this.

You do this using a tool like this.

Then inject the gunge.
    Put the valve core back in.
    Job done!

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve got a small bottle I fill and put into the valve core but to be honest it’s just as easy to take them pop a few inches of beading off the rim and pour a couple of cups in

cakefacesmallblock

The injector is OK to a point, but dont press the syringe hard, go gently at it. I’ve had the sealant bung up the valve stem as it acts as though the valve stem is a puncture. Much easier to pour into tyre with a few inches of bead removed from rim.

claira
    Free Member

cheers everyone know what im doing now.

colournoise

Just ordered some wheels using Flow rims. If I get some ‘Stans’ valves and sealant do I really also need to get the ‘proper’ rim strips or can I get away with regular tape?

Also, “a couple of cups” of sealant per tyre – how much is this?

slainte ❓ rob

Potter
    Free Member

I’m sure but don’t quote me that flows are tubeless ready rims,so you only need a valve the yellow tape and the sealant ,basically the couple of cups is two lid fulls,it will make more sense when you get the sealant,i would buy the biggest amount of sealant you can though as you can use a fair bit if its not going right to start with

nosedive
    Free Member

colournoise – you just need to seal the rim bed with stans yellow tape, you dont need the rubber rim strip. you need the wider of the 2 sizes of yellow tape for the flow rim.

when you get a bottle of stans sealant it comes with a red cup thing on the top, one of those full should do it. an awkward tyre may leak a bit initially and need 2.

edit – oh yes, and an olympic valve

colournoise

Thanks.

slainte 🙂 rob

tjh1985
    Free Member

+1 for pouring it in through the valve with the core removed its easy !

Get the 2oz bottle and use one full bottle per wheel injector is rubbish IMO.

claira
    Free Member

right need some help attempted to connect stans injector to mavic ust, no luck. i have removed the valve core but when i try to screw the injector on it is too big and i have hardly any thred to turn it on, please help i dont want to take tyre off.

JohnnyPanic

On a related note (and DT5.1’s not Stans) any reason to use the Stans tape instead of just electrical tape?

claira
    Free Member

anyone?

aguesty1
    Free Member

Are you using a stans valve, not sure if this makes a difference?!

claira
    Free Member

no mavic valves as i say the injector is too big and the mavic valve is very short with not much thred on.

aguesty1
    Free Member

Go get the stans specific ones, the injector worked fine on my stans valves, the other option is if you have the small stans bottle remove the core and pour in that way, or remove part of the bead and pour in…..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘STANS NO TUBE’ is closed to new replies.