Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stan’s Joe’s No tubes/flats with Mavic 317’s Anyone tried it?
  • Mal-ec
    Free Member

Want to run tubeless on my 317’s as I’m sick of thorn punctures, but find most tyres very easy to get on/off 317 rims, so not sure how well they’d hold up. Be interested to hear from anyone whos tried. What tyres for e.t.c.
    Generally like to run Maxxis HR front, Advantage/Ardent rear.
    Thanks.

djglover
    Free Member

I tried with XM321 and Spesh Enduro tyres and I could get them on/ off very easily with my hands. Worked really well for ages until it failed spectacularly at Coedy last spring. I’d try again though with some better fitting tyres if I could be arsed.

Inzane
    Free Member

Tried it some years back with some Nokians… had the tyre totally leave the rim while cornering.

If you can find a tyre that is a tight fit then i would say have a go… if the tyre is easy to get on/off by hand I would stay well clear if you like your face the way it is at the moment 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Got Eclipse strips on my 317s – the only tyres I’ve ever had a problem with were Michelins (though they may have first gone due to overheating in the back of my car). Have NNs on there at the moment.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Cheers. 1/3 isn’t great odds, even though my face is nowt special 🙂
    As I suspected. Best start saving for some 819’s then.
    Thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Works fine for me. I use the rim strips tho rather than just the yellow tape. Can’t get it up (ooer) with the track pump tho, need CO2.

I’ve used them with Speedking Supersonics and Nobby Nics – I inflated them fine with trailrakers (which are slack) and it all seemed fine, I even did a ride with them but the bead was so slack before I inflated it that I worried about it and went back to tubes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stan’s Joe’s No tubes/flats with Mavic 317’s Anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.