Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stans Hugo for a fat bike
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

The wheels on my fat bike weigh frikkin loads and are set up tubeless with gorilla tape, making them even heavier.

Would a Stans Hugo be a viable alternative? I’ve got no intentions to run anything more than a 4″ tyre.

ton

I have hugo’s on my jones. 3” tyres look massive on em. nice tho

nedrapier

Postierich has 4.0 JJs on Hugos on his Puffin. Or he did last time I saw a pic.

He does alright!

dovebiker

Why would they be heavier tubeless when you’ve got rid of a 500g innertube?

I’ve successfully run a Surly 3.8″ tyre on a Velocity Dually 26″ rim that is 45mm wide but it can get squirmy a low pressures i.e. <4psi.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I run a nate on a 50mm rim no problem

Northwind

They’re not especially light at 690g, heavier than an 80mm BR710. The BR isn’t “native” tubeless, it has a good tubeless bead though so once the tyre’s up it’s reliable, it can just be a pain in the arse to inflate.

JoeG
    Free Member

Also look at SunRingle Mulefut. They make a 50mm and 80mm widths. I have the 80s set up tubeless and love them. They only need tape to be run tubeless. and the bead lock is fantastic.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

You might have better/cheaper sources to build a wheel, but 10% discount at Chain Reaction Cycles is now part of British Cycling membership (limited to one purchase per month?).

On the Custom Hope wheel builder, there were 3 RDS front Fatsno q/r 135mm hubs (can be had singly in clearance section for ~£45) and Stan Hugo 52s in all three wheel sizes. ~£170 before cashback IIRC.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-custom-mtb-disc-front-wheel/rp-prod63716

Depending upon the fork you have, you would need to buy an RDS to FDS hub converter to use above wheel in an FDS 135mm q/r fork like the default Wazoo. You would not need to converter for an RDS Carbon Fatty fork.
    http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-forks-c6/frame-fork-spares-c152/problem-solvers-fat-fork-disc-adaptor-p11825/

I use a converter to run my FatNotFat 29er wheels on my default Wazoo fork, as I still have yet to get round to fitting my £89 Carbon Fatty, which will drop my Wazoo down to ~9Kg total in skinny mode! 😳

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bluto up front so 150mm and 177×12 out back

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stans Hugo for a fat bike’ is closed to new replies.