Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stan's fluid has gone rubbish
  • Whyte1
    Free Member

Has anybody else noticed it seems to of gone watery and stopped sealing as well , i’ve used the stuff for about 8yrs now and the product seems to of slowly gotten worse to the point of the last bottle wont seal a thing .

Taff
    Free Member

Dont say that… I’ve just bought a big bottle of the stuff

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Someone was complaining on mbr recenetly about this – a guy from Stans posted to say they havent changed the formula in years.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Art Shop Latex works roo, way cheaper.

bigjim

No problems here, it still seals the pourer hole in the bottle when I try to decant it, and thats a big hole. Are you remembering to hold the bottle upside down when you decant?

MSP

Are you remembering to hold the bottle upside down when you decant?

Maybe he is holding it upright and letting the fluid flow upwards?

martinxyz
    Free Member

martinxyz
    Free Member

If you hold it upright it wont flow out ;O) I get nasa to take mine into orbit to get the right mix.

I have had similar problems with the last bottle I bought.Followed the instructions etc but it makes no difference. A ball of latex was rolling around in the tyre the size of a ping pong ball and every day I passed the bike I noticed the tyres and rim soaked. Might try something else next time as this is as much good as cottage cheese.

MSP

A ball of latex was rolling around in the tyre the size of a ping pong ball and every day I passed the bike I noticed the tyres and rim soaked.

Yep that started happening to me, but when I put my winter tyres on which are proper tubeless, rather than just TR, then it was fine.

I think its down to how porous the new lightweight TR tyres are rather than a change in stans fluid. Which does mean there is probably a need for an updated formula to deal with newer tyres.

bigjim

Maybe he is holding it upright and letting the fluid flow upwards?

fnarr, I was meaning as opposed to just tilting the bottle to the side, in which case the particles would stay in the big bottle.

ruscle
    Free Member

You should read the very long thread over on mtbr to do with home brew sealant, much cheaper to make own and you get a far superior performing sealant.

Best home brew sealant

Its a long thread, but worth a read or just skip to the last 10 pages where it all changed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stan's fluid has gone rubbish’ is closed to new replies.