Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans Flow Question
  • lambbhoona
    Free Member

Folks, I’m thinking of getting new wheels with Flow rims – never tried tubeless before and wondered if its just a case of running the correct rim strip with valve and throwing on a standard tyre with some sealant – have been a bit confused by seeing stuff on the web about drilling out the value hole – not sure if this is required. Advice much appreciated. Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

No need for a rim strip – Stans yellow tape, Universal valve and sealant.

honourablegeorge

No drilling, no rim strip. Stan’s yellow tape (or electrical tape), a valve, some fluid.

Some brands of standard tyres work better than others.

Superficial
    Free Member

Just to add to the above posts, drilling out the hole is supposedly required / better if you’re running a rimstrip. It just allows the valve from the rimstrip to sit deeper in the rim and that seals better apparently. Now, since a rimstrip isn’t required with the Stans Flows (Yellow tape works perfectly) you don’t need to drill anything.

I bought the flow rims for trying out tubeless and I have no problems recommending them in terms of ease of fitting etc, all very straightforward eventually, despite a lot of confusing waffle on the internets. However I’ve not had them long enough to comment on durability, time will tell.

lambbhoona
    Free Member

All thanks for the help. cheers

gingerss
    Free Member

There’s a video on the stans website that demonstrates the required preparation. Apparently you should rub down and clean with solvent the wheel before fitting the tape.

I didn’t get the yellow tape or valves with my wheel (hope hoop). You might get away with the valve from an old tube to save a little cash as unlike with the mavic rims it seems to be a generic part.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans Flow Question’ is closed to new replies.