Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stans Crest – What tyre size ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

My googling skill must be slacking.. I can’t find recommended tyre sizes for crest rims anywhere… anyone help out ?

ta

P20

There was something about the warranty only covers up to a 2.3, but I can’t remember. I’ve got a nobby nic 2.4 front and 2.25 rear. Wor lass has 2.35 maxxis advantages. Both without problems

convert

Think about it the other way around – a crest is an xc/trail rim. What size tyre do you want to use for xc/trail riding? Then use that.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

I’m running 2.35 High roller on Crest with no issues.

specializedneeds

I’m running 2.35 High roller on Crest with no issues.

Which is a 2.1 in reality.

Convert is spot on.
    If it helps, my Crests have a “recommended pressures” sticker on them which only goes up to 2.2. Saying that, I’ve used a true 2.35 and didn’t notice any ill effects.

Baldysquirt

I run mine with 2.25 advantages with no issues and they give the tyres just as good a shape as the DT 5.1s before them.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Fair point Specializedneeds. I do find Maxxis tyre sizing a little baffling. I think that the 2.25 Crossmark I have on the back actually comes up bigger than the 2.35 high-roller.

specializedneeds

Baffling is right! Best thing is to look up the ETRTO sizes on their website. Crossmark 2.1’s and 2.35 High Rollers are listed as the same size! So not unlikely your 2.25 is bigger than a 2.35 HR.

simonm
    Free Member

cheers All.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stans Crest – What tyre size ?’ is closed to new replies.