Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stan's Crest – weight limit
  • honourablegeorge

Looking at those bargain Superstar wheels for my Soul – are they too light for a 200lb bloke for trail riding and general fun in the woods? I have another bike for harder riding, so these would see trail centres and xc stuff, that said, if I see a wee jump or a drop I’m going for it.

Janesy
    Free Member

No , you will need DH wheels.
    Sorry your too heavy.

Honestly @ 14 stone you think your too heavy for XC wheels?!?! now if you were 20 stone doing jumps…

honourablegeorge

Ordianrily, no – but had heard it suggested on here that those rims had a weight limit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    campfreddie
    Free Member

i am 14 stone in the nudey and i ride crest rims (built up by Merlin using standard lacing spokes) on a turner flux

they have a bit of a wobble in them which came from taking them to afan when they were brand new. the wobble hasn’t got any worse, so i will get them trued and go from there.

in my cycling kit, i’m nicely above the weight limit so probably should have gone for… hey ho

honourablegeorge

What is the weight limit? Are the Alpines any tougher?

uplink
    Free Member

What is the weight limit?

There isn’t one AFAIK

bigjim

Hope put a weight limit on their crest wheels, which I weigh, and was fine on Crests, but I don’t do big jumps and stuff. Great rims IMO. I see Superstar have removed all the reviews from that wheelset, not surprising. For what its worth, lots of people, me included, had problems with spoke tension on rear non drive side, spokes completely loosening after a couple of rides. Apart from that they are OK.

njee20
    Free Member

Is it not just on the 24h ones? There’s no weight limit on the rim. Youll be fine!

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Ditto CF, between 13.5 – 14 stone on a good day, and have been riding crests from over 12 months now. Had the same nervousness as yourself to start with, and used to swap to a 819’s on the bigger days.

Did C-y-B and forgot to swap over the wheels, Did the beast on the Crests and X-kings without any hitch, and they have stayed in place ever since. They are ridiculously light for what they can sustain.

Wookster

Ridden crests through the black mountains Afan etc on a 100mm bike at 124 kgs you’ll be fine if the wheels are well built!

specializedneeds

Couple of people above are talking about using them on full sus bikes: bit different to a Soul (which the OP has) don’t ya think?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stan's Crest – weight limit’ is closed to new replies.