Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stans Crest how strong are they
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

I am on the verge of buying hope hoops with stans flow but after reading some reviews I think the crests could be strong enough and a fair bit lighter. I usually ride lake district and trail centres. I dont do massive drops and dont just plow through stuff. just want some advice on if they woud be appropriate

Rorschach
    Free Member

Arches…which hope don’t do 😕

cabbage84
    Free Member

I also looked at arches but they aren’t as wide as the crests which didnt really make sense to me

paul123
    Free Member

Been riding crests on my prophet for a while now and they have been fine. The arches are supposed to be way stiffer than crests and a bit heavier. You also need to run a rim strip on the arches which is not required with the crests.

br
    Free Member

Hope/Crest’s here and ride pretty much anything (but do mince on drops) – work well.

cabbage84
    Free Member

If you dont mind me asking how much do yous weigh in full riding kit im about 90kg

ruscle
    Free Member

The crest and arch rims are the same external width, just the crests have the new profile of the intermal lip to hold the tyre which gives it a wider internal width by about 1.5mm. The crests are lighter by about 60g but are not as stiff.

M6TTF
    Free Member

you only need yellow tape with arches too

honourablegeorge

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Wheels/Mountain+Bike+Wheels/Factory+Mountain+Bike+Wheels/Pair+Hope+Hoops+Pro+3+SP+XC6+-+No+Tubes+Crest+Black_HOPE-HOOPS-PRO3-CREST-BLACK.htm

The Stans No Tubes Crest offers the rider the choice of running tubeless as well as a superlight overall weight. The rims are 24 hole drilling.
    These are lightweight XC & race orientated wheels. We suggest a rider weight limit of 85kg. This is only a guideline, but common sense should be used with regards to the type of riding they will be used for.

bighendo
    Free Member

32h ZTR crest rims on ZTR hubs, maxxis ignitor 2.1 ust
    i`m 12st like a bit of rough and run into a few tree stumps
    still run 100% true and sweet as a nut, love em!!! 🙂

cabbage84
    Free Member

Decided to just go for the flows due to being a bit on the tubby side £268 for the set on wiggle today only plus £5.40 back through quidco

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stans Crest how strong are they’ is closed to new replies.