• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Si.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stans Arch v’s Flow rims
  • Rollo
    Free Member

Looking to replace knackered rear wheel, and wnat to go tubless. Stans seem to fit the bill of nice and wide but not too heavy. Flow rims seem to be most popular but to me the Arch rim is the pfect trail rim, the flow looks to ‘core’ for anything a trail bike would be thrown down.

Anyone nay experience of either? Or, dare I say it, recommend something else?

Rollo
    Free Member

edit ‘wnat to got tubeless’, not tubless!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’ve got flow 29er ones. got them cos my LBS screwed up and didn’t order archs in time, so had to go searching around for an internet shop which could deliver next say, ended up having to get flows. still nice and light though.
    certainly strong. after 8 miles, the spokes in both wheels were slack as anything (worst wheel build i’ve ever had), and yet there was only a slight wobble in the front, despite it being raced as hard as i could around fort william XC course.
    re-tensioned the wheels myself, and have been perfect ever since.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I run Arch front, Flow rear on my XC/trail bike.

keavo
    Free Member

got both, if i could only have one set then it would be the flows. feel a lot tougher for a little more weight and they are wider. if your lightish and use narrow tyres the arch would be fine though.

keavo
    Free Member

also consider bonty rhythm/duster.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run Flow rims on my trail bike and love um. Reasonable weight, plenty strong enough and as wide as you’ll ever get from the weight. They give a fantastic profile to my 2.1 Advantage tyres.

Si
    Free Member

I looked at em but was put off by the £90 a rim price tag. Thats 2 syncros or sun ringle rims…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stans Arch v’s Flow rims’ is closed to new replies.