Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stan's Arch tubeless hell….
  • bigjim

After months of chiming in on stan’s tubeless threads saying how easy I’ve found it on my Crests with all tyres, I’m now having a total mare with Arches.

I keep getting the air pouring out the valve hole once pressure reaches about 20psi. I’ve replaced the tape twice, cleaning with IPA to get a good bond, and replaced with the wider tape as advised on the stan’s forums. I’ve bought new valves. I’ve sealed up the valve with sealant where it joins the rim hole.

Any ideas?

foxyrider
    Free Member

ripped valve? If you have sealed the valve on the outside and its not leaking from the tape then have you tried replacing the actual valve? If not why not try and full rim strip? Also have you a clean cut on the rim tape around the hole?

I run valve only on my ZTR 355 and I was a bit dubious as I was running rim strips on my DT rims and the valve only and rim tape was fab 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Sounds a strange one. My Arches are as easy as previous Flows and Olympic rims to seal.

It must be a problem with the valve I’d have thought. Does it happen on both wheels? If not try swapping the valves to see if the problem goes with the valve.

nonk
    Free Member

if it leaking from the valve hole try cutting a rubber washer out of a bit of old tube poke the valve through and then put it in the rim.

boxfish
    Free Member

What nonk said. I had the same issue with Flows. Bodging a small rubber washer sorted it.

bigjim

valves are brand new, will try the rubber patch method.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stan's Arch tubeless hell….’ is closed to new replies.