• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stans Arch Mk3
  • matt07
    Free Member

Anyone got them? Was thinking Flows Mk3 for my new Patrol but looking at the spec of the new Arch rims seems they might be a decent bet at 26m internal they are the same as the old Flows, but a bit lighter. Apparently designed with input from Enduro WS Team, so I would imagine that despite the weight they are still suitable for fairly heavy use. I intend to run 2.3-2.4 tyres and only weigh 70kg. From experiences is the extra weight of the Flow Mk3 (60g per rim) worth it for the 3mm extra width (Flows Mk3 are 29mm int), especially if I’m not running massive tyres?

IA

I’m 90kg, they’re doing ok for me on the back of my XC bouncy bike and the front of my 160mm 29er enduro bike.

So I’d say yup, go for them.

zerolight
    Free Member

I was really close to ordering a pair but decided that the DT Swiss EX471 were similar (1mm narrower) but stiffer and stronger and so ordered a set from PT Cycles.

nytmadn
    Free Member

I’ve got a set and they’ve been good so far, I’m only light so not particularly testing but they built up nice, and the erd was spot on. So if you’re running normal sized tyres and at 70kg I’d say go for them.

davros

Not yet but they’re in the post! I’m certainly not aggressive enough to benefit from the wider flows so opted for the weight benefit instead. They do seem to be light compared rims of a similar width. Not keen on the graphics though, i may have to desticker them.

mbnutter
    Free Member

I had a set of Arch Mk3s made up for my 29er Enduro before heading to the Alps for a month.

Didn’t want wider as running 2.35 tyres.

I’m 90kgs and pretty aggressive.

The important thing to note is that I run mine with Procore.

I did 87,000 metres of descent in that month, not so much as a punture or a slight wobble.

For me they have been great. I am now getting some Flow Mk3s made for when I run 2.6 tyres, again i’ll use Procore.

So in short, yep, get them.

matt07
    Free Member

cheers for the feedback all.

@Davros
    you can get different colour decals for them on the Stans website. I too am not keen on the stock graphics but they do them in a very dark grey which should look smart on the black rim, that’s what I’m getting anyway.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just moved from Hope rims to Flow mk3s on my Patrol. Along with dropping pressures, going to a wider rim there’s a definite increase in grip.

dougieb
    Free Member

I was in the same boat – couldn’t decide between the mk3 Arch’s or Flows. I ended up going with the Arch’s on a superstar build and no regrets at all, in fact I liked them so much that I ended up getting the same rims for the 29er. I’m no light weight and the have stood up to plenty of abuse. I’ve had the mk2 Arch’s and these are a step up.

transition1
    Free Member

Loving the MK3 rims, they are also so nice to build. I built Mbnutters rims for him & he has certainly given them a good bit of abuse

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Mine have been great so far although I haven’t used them too much-a bit of Surrey Hills and Wales so far as I’m still on the winter bike local with Hope Tech Enduros on it.They are noticeably lighter and easier to pedal and accelerate than the hopes-feels like I have a bit of a tailwind 🙂 when I’m on them (although this is partly due to the winters tyres on the Hopes too ) .

andyl
    Free Member

Just built up a set to replace my Arch Ex’s using sapim d-lights on hope pro 2s. Built up nice be easy and red seems spot on. Bang on 406g (26″)

Front is 763g (20mm adapter) and 888g rear (xd driver and bolt through adapters) with portly brass nipples.

Built up nice and easy, first non-carbon rims I have done.

Look a lot wider than the arch ex’s that I have taken off and 40g lighter per wheel (standard hope hoops build so probably sapim race spokes) measured like for like.

Oh and got them for £98 delivered from cycle republic 2 weeks ago using the new customer 10% off.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stans Arch Mk3’ is closed to new replies.