• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by P20.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stans 355 – which rim strip/valve? Confused!!
  • P20

The rim strips on my stans 355s have failed at the base of the valve. I've had a look on the stans site and i'm confused. Can i just replaced the valve stem? Or can i use just a the olympic valve? Or new strips?

Onzadog
    Free Member

The advice I had and tested is that with a UST tyre, yellow tape and Olympic valve is enough. You might get away with tape and valve for a normal tyre but try a double wrap of tape and don't be surprised if it burps (some people get it to work), for best results with a normal tyre, use an Olympic strip. This doesn't have the same profile as normal strips as the profile is in the rim.

HTH

orangeboy
    Free Member

been useing my 355 rims with the blue tape spesh sell and some mavic valves , just a single time round with the tape and a small overlap . Used both ust and normal tyres with no problems in two years

matthew_h
    Free Member

Onzadog is correct.

P20

I did think about switching to full ust set up with mavic rims, but think i'll stick with the 355. Looks like i'll just get the full strips again. Cheers guys 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stans 355 – which rim strip/valve? Confused!!’ is closed to new replies.