Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stans 3.30 hubs … Thoughts?
  • letmetalktomark

I currently have a pair of 3.3o hubs laced into some 26” Olympic rims.

The bike they were bought for has now been split and has gone.

I don’t need a set of 26” wheels so thinking about rebuilding them into some 29er wheel.

What are peoples thoughts on the hubs?

Good substitute for say a Hope hub?

cynic-al
    Free Member

How did YOU find them?

letmetalktomark

I’ve not ridden them!

Thy came to me lightly used and seem in good condition bar some freehub scoring but I don’t know of anyone else running them hence the Q.

Looking for thoughts on general sealing etc.

mboy
    Free Member

No personal experience of them, but probably cheaper overall to sell them as built wheels and buy a new 29er set I’d have thought? New Stans rims are £70ish apiece, plus spokes, plus build… You’re over £200. You’ll get half decent money for those wheels, and put that cash towards new 29er wheels and the difference you’ll have to make up will be a lot less than £200 I would say.

ratherbeintobago

I thought the ZTR hubs were pretty much off-the-shelf Taiwanese parts, and as such nothing special?

zoo200
    Free Member

Stans wheels are made by the same people that make the superstar stuff, good quality kit 🙂

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of Stan’s with 3.30 hubs for about 2 years. The bearings were always silky smooth and the free-hub pick-up was good. No complaints at all. I’d buy them again – sold the bike they were on not long ago.

nedrapier

they’re a bit noisy for my delicate ears. I’ll be stuffing some grease in when I can be bothered (possibly not before they need some attention anyway)

Only had 150 odd miles on themm, so can’t really comment.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

3.30Ti hubs were great and very light.
    The 3.30 I find the bearings poor, but still a pretty lightweight hub.

With a bearing upgrade when they go (a matter of months probably) they might improve.

mboy
    Free Member

I thought the ZTR hubs were pretty much off-the-shelf Taiwanese parts, and as such nothing special?

They’re definitely a good step up from off the shelf Taiwanese hubs like Superstar. Their RRP’s are higher than Hope, which IMO is slightly misleading, but they’re not bad quality at all.

I still prefer Hope though, mainly cos of spares availability being so strong. DT Swiss if you got the money though, best out there!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stans 3.30 hubs … Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.