Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stanmer Park MTB – Brighton. Trails start?
  • Stumpjumper
    Free Member

As above, any good tips on starting point? havent been there before.
    (Familiar with the area though.)

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

clicky

join this lot, or come for a thursday night ride.

HermanShake
    Free Member

There’s f*ckloads!!

It kind of follows a horseshoe from the entrance, if you take the left across the football pitch and up next to the trees it’ll take you to the bottom of some singletrack. This connects to another section then the main path. Follow this for a bit and it’ll take you to some fun stuff interrupted by a fallen tree. Unclip, go over it and carry on. This takes you deeper and more trail emerges. This will lead you to the deepermost (?) sections. From there you are led through trails bringing you back through to the entrance of the park.

Alternatively, from the main entrance go down the central road about 200m then take the right hand path which follows a fence and bears left into some trees. This takes you through a copse (more fun on the way back out), leave the gate, cross the grass to the next copse, carry on straight and you’ll see singletrack emerging either left or right. I think the right takes you deeper, the left is the bottom of a fun trail which the right eventually leads you to (via a big concrete pond) It all deviates from the wider paths so just keep a look out.

There’s a lot more than I have described, but it’s not easy to! I love it, you can spend anything from 1 -4 hrs on the trails there depending on how much you want to explore. I usually give it 2 hrs to do a complete linked horseshoe of trails.

I should be riding next week if you want to hook up?

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply chaps, I’m going as a bit of a bike shakedown before Wales next weekend.
    I let you know how I get on!

Ta

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Well,

Had a good bash at Stanmer, (Route recommended by someone at work!) We started at the Ditchling road carpark (at the top) (North A27) From the car park, went past the twin farm buildings, immediatley left. bit of fire-roady singly track, nice n twisty through the woods. Ended up following our noses, finding some log jumps, and stump berms, ended up at the concrete pond. Didnt go any further down though as we rode back up n hit it all again.
    Whereabout should I go from the pond?? Also Where the hell is the “wild park”?!?

Cheers dude’s..

woodsman
    Free Member

There’s not much after the concrete dew pond just a short scrubby run back to the Uni.

Wild Park is near Coldean/Lewes Road end of Brighton, should be on a map.

wwaswas

also, try turning right after the two white cottages – there’s a lot of good stuff that side of the road too – it’s where most of the Big Dog course is(although a bit more climbing to get back up afterwards)

al1reid
    Free Member

It’s a very interesting topic. I have recently just got back into MTBing and today I took my trusty steed up to to Stanmer because I had heard so much about it. Daunting to say the least! I have read through the thread and I have to say I don’t remember seeing anything that has been described. I wonder, have the trails ever been mapped?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stanmer Park MTB – Brighton. Trails start?’ is closed to new replies.