Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stanmer Park, Brighton – new trails?
  • kawato
    Free Member

Rode Stanmer today and whilst i know most of the trails there, i found "something" today which surprised/confused me. Just after the really techy trail which ends at the fire road just before reaching the open bit where the telegraph pole is, i decided that arther than go and do my normal route, i'd scope out the hillside directly down from the afformentioned techy trail.

As i meandered through the undergrowth i got to an old wall which if ollowed left. After about 150 yards i saw a bombhole which had a tree felled over it whichformed a nice arc. Someone had constructed some shore onto the tree and off it. I.e, a wide(ish) skinny up to it whcih was chickenwired, and the another one off it. The planks were all sprayed black and didn't seem to have been there very long. Judging by the paint on it i'd say no more than a few days.

Just wondrered if anyone out there knew anything about this. Was this a planned part of the Big Dog that was decided against at the last moment, or the begginings of a new trail?

bigsi
    Free Member

Not part of the big dog course as its over the wrong side of the valley but i do know where you mean.

If you do try to ride it then be careful of the tree to the left on the run out as its caught one or two handle bars over the last few weeks. 😉

bigsi
    Free Member

Oh and there is a route over the root ball of the fallen tree to the left of the shore too if you fancy trying your luck 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kawato
    Free Member

is there going to be more digging done? It seems like an awful lot of work for not much trail?

bigsi
    Free Member

The full trail is about 3-4 mins long.

If you want a guided tour then they meet at Sussex Uni sports centre car park ready to ride @ 7pm every thursday New riders are always welcome if you fancy meeting those responsible for creating the majority of the trails in Stanmer.

One or two of them also lurk on here from time to time. If your lucky they will pop in to say hello 😉

kawato
    Free Member

cheers for that. i don't have lights unfort, but i might just hook up with em to see if they have any further plans for new trails as i'd be happy to lend a hand.

Urchinboy
    Free Member

if you fancy meeting those responsible for creating the majority of the trails in Stanmer.

…the NEW trails in Stanmer.

Loads of the stuff has been there for decades. The new stuff they've built is very nice though, obviously a lot of time and digging gone into it.

Lifer
    Free Member

Any weekend rides? Play football on thursdays + no lights…

Zukemonster
    Free Member

google: brighton MTB for weekend rides there

Lifer
    Free Member

Thanks Zukes!

damo2576
    Free Member

I’m going there for a quick blast early sat – can anyone point it out on a map for me please?

damo2576
    Free Member

the new trail, not stanmer park that is!
    any gps loggers?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stanmer Park, Brighton – new trails?’ is closed to new replies.