Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Standard Nobby Nic's And ZTR Rims Tubeless Woes
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Im trying to get some standard NN's set up tubeless on ZTR flow rims. I've done the front fine, but the rear seems to be 'porous' and the sealant wont stop air from slowly leaking out from near to the bead.
    Has anyone else had this issue, and is there an easy way to fix it?

James

steve_b77
    Free Member

Put more sealant in until it seals ❓

tazzymtb

as long as they inflate and then you get some seepage from the porous bits it's not a major issue. Do the normal Stans shaky dance and then leave the wheel horizontal over a bucket/box etc… leave for about 15 mins bang some more air in do the shaky shaky routine again and leave horizontal with the other side facing up. Always sorts it for me with porous tyres, I've even got speedking supersonics to play and they've got more holes in Rab C Nesbits vest.

Jammy111
    Free Member

Stans shaky shaky dance???

gcaster
    Free Member

Even I know that!
    Still haven't tried mine yet.

neninja
    Free Member

My Nic went up no problem with no leaks. Had 2 ralphs though – 1 was fine, the other leaked constantly from the join between the sidewall and tread. Kept adding fluid and eventually it sorted itself.

P20

Had no problems with mine. The last one was the easiest tyre I've put on. Was almost disappointed that it inflated 1st time. I agree that the shaky thing works on pourous tyres.

foxyrider
    Free Member

TBH if you have major leaks sealed just go out and ride it – works for me even if after the first couple of rides you have to add a little more air in 🙂

Jammy111
    Free Member

shaking it about and adding an extra red cup of sealant did the trick 😀 cheers guys
    Id always just spun the wheel, but thinking about it this would force the sealant outwards to the tread area of the tyre rather than giving the whole surface a good coating, so +1 for stans dance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Standard Nobby Nic's And ZTR Rims Tubeless Woes’ is closed to new replies.