Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What SUP?
  • blitz

Any advice or recommendations for a beginner SUP? Think there’s a few on here who do it?

Wife and I had a go at the end of last summer and really enjoyed it. Not really looking to do anything more than general mooching about on the water and not looking to spend loads but after something half decent. Basically the SUP equivalent of a voodoo or Boardman hardtail. Not a BSO but something good value and functional.

Cheers

scotroutes

Shouldn’t this thread be titled

What SUP?

blitz

It should! And now is 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ceepers

Look secondhand.

There are a couple of forums if you google.

Basic questions to think about are.

1 are you going to surf it at all or just flat water paddle
    2 do you need it to inflatable for storage/transport.

Decathlon do some reasonable budget inflatable ones and paddles. Bic make some alright rigid budget ones

30 plus inches wide are pretty stable. The more vee or roll in the bottom contour the less stable they are

shermer75
    Free Member

Any advice or recommendations for a beginner SUP?

You and your wife both have one up on me as I don’t know what a SUP is. What’s SUP?

blitz

We’re in whitstable so will be flat water paddling. We’re not far from the beach but I think inflatable would be easier from both a transport and storage point of view.

Happy to look at second hand but will check out decathlon too.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah, stand up paddle board!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Get some lessons, look on s/h SUP fb page, get wet.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Red (not the colour)…. With a decent paddle that breaks down to fit in the same bag.
    Not the cheapest but good resale value.

Clink

My wife has just bought a Red inflatable after hiring one in Devon and doing an intro course. It is dead easy to inflate and pack away and (unlike tents and sleeping bags!) it does all really fit in the bag. She had good service from Trioceansurf near Kingsbridge.

chrisdw
    Free Member

If you go inflatable the electric pumps are very much worth it. Start it going. Put on wetsuit. Its done!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What SUP?’ is closed to new replies.