Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • stan no tubes problems !!!
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

hi all ,

i'm having problems sealing my notubes set up . I have stans flow rims , special rim tape and vaulve , i'm using nobby nics tyres with about a cup and a half full of sealant ,but every time I pump the tyres up air leaks from the sides and sealant goes everywhere ! am I doing something wrong ??? you thoughts would be appreciated

Richie

scaredypants

soapy water on the tyre beads & pump like buggery

tazzymtb

you are using lots of soapy water aren't you?

ojom
    Free Member

Try elevating them – i.e. not resting them on the floor. It helps.

fackit
    Free Member

visit their website which has a video on how to go from bare rim to fully fitted tubeless set-up… good luck and report back…

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

did'nt think about soapy water do you just soak the bead ??? seems like the bead of the tyre is not sitting to the edge of the rim , always in the centre of the rim ! thanks for tips

Richie

Paulio
    Free Member

You'll need another pair of hands but try pushing the tyre into the rim over the valve without squishing any of the rest of it on the floor, and then pump like buggery. Once the area around the valve goes in the rest follows a bit more easily. Usually.

Or inflate it with a tube so the tyre seats, deflate the tube remove only one bead to take the tube out and try inflating tubelessly again.

You may need to go to a car mechanic to use a compressor. That gets it on no problem.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

It's best not to use any sealant until you've managed to seat the tyre – then take out the valve core and squirt the sealant in.

Also best to try pumping without the valve core in.

The main thing I found to help was building up the depth of the rim trough so that the beads don't flop into it. You can use draft sealant tape if there's a really big gap, but I built mine up with insulating tape.

I also bought a compressor in the end…

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

thanks guys for your help I have managed to seal my tires after your tips and watching the notubes website video ….think I might treat myself to a compressor , how much are they ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘stan no tubes problems !!!’ is closed to new replies.