Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stainless steel K-i-n-g or Ceramic Acros BB…………….
  • Alek
    Free Member

Should I be tempted away from the excellent performing Acros Ceramic Bottom Bracket currently on my flux or splash out an extra £20.00 on a Chris k-i-n-g with stainless steel bearings.

Colour not important to me but performance is. Will be on a race hardtail so looking for reliability and silky smooth friction free action (as i need all the help I can get on those killer climbs!!)

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Acros !!! why would you pay more for a bling brand name in SS rather than a ceramic ?

Yes Chris king make awesome headsets , but Acros is a lesser know company making better than Chris King in my opinion . I have an Acros headset on my Nicolai and will be getting a red ceramic Acros BB when the one i have goes.

http://www.acros.de/acros_e/02_products/04_a-bb/03_a_bb_ceramic_red_edition.php

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Got a ceramic BB (Brand new) for £50 in the classifieds

Alek
    Free Member

It’s just the ‘lure’ of bling trying to pull me in that direction.
    Got to resist 😡

Yeah……Acros one I have has been spot on 🙂

And they also have a ceramic headset, might well be worth a look.

the_lecht_rocks

neither for BB duties.
    Hope Ceramic is simply the smoothest best acting BB in the business at the mo’.
    and i run C K headsets and hubs on all my bikes………..

Alek
    Free Member

Not looked at that TLR………..

Had a quick squint and they could be a decent rival 😀

knott4me
    Free Member

across bb are awesome all though the ceramic is best for xc but they don,t like too much up & jumps so if your riding involves jumps buy stainless steel again acros come up trumps here.

halfbee
    Free Member

Acros for me – my SS killed a stainless one in 18 months, it’s currently having it’s bearings replaced by the importers, Balfa

jedi

had an xc across bb in my demo9 for 2years now and its smooth as the day i put it in (ceramic)

Alek
    Free Member

did it need any maintenance Jedi.

Halfbee………xc race use only. (jumping days are over, as i’m crap at it)

jedi

none

Alek
    Free Member

Just ordered another 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stainless steel K-i-n-g or Ceramic Acros BB…………….’ is closed to new replies.